Dropping engine in from the top

corepwn

Established Member
Does anyone have any tips for dropping in a coyote with stock manifolds back into the bay?

We're on jackstands and the trans was never pulled when the engine was (auto). Trying to re-install but having difficulty mating the engine to the trans even with a load leveler and a jack under the trans.

The converter studs and flexplate are pre-aligned, and the engine isolator mounts are not installed. Using stock manifolds.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I just sent a link to a friend of mine who led the charge on my Aluminator swap. We did mine the same way you describe. He should have some input for you.

TeamColip

IndyHP
Established Member
Thanks for alerting me to this John, hopefully I can be of assistance. The most important thing in our case was to remove the mounts from the body completely, which it seems you've done. Is the ac compressor installed? I left it in the engine bay. Having someone to Jack the trans around and check the alignment while someone controls the engine from above is imperative. How close are you getting it?

corepwn

Established Member
I got it. Thanks for the suggestions guys, really the only thing I did differently than what we were doing is switching positions with who was up top and me shifting to being under the car. I was able to Hulk the engine into place while the helper raised and lowered the engine/trans.

Users who are viewing this thread