drove one

95 thunder

Established Member
i have a gen 1 (luv it) i have always loved the gen 2's also, well i stumbled on one at a dealer today and had a little time on my hands, i have never driven one(by myself and opportunity to let her go), and thinking seriously of having a gen 2 also,(i thought of selling the gen1 and getting gen 2 before, but cant part with the gen 1 and i just wont do that) and long story short....i test drove it.....i was impressed to say the least, the supercharger "whistle" was different(not sure i liked the sound but sure liked the kick),...it's a 03 with 23k and red and just curious if any one has any feedback on the 03's? ,if i am correct, they are no issues with them are they?( like plugs, intercooler leak on earlier year etc...), the sound of the supercharger kinda sound funky(kinda like a kazoo on steroids) i take it thats normal? sorry for newbie question, but gen 2's are new to me, thanks

Last edited:

Rdnckhoops

I went through the same thing back in November. As you can see in my avatar and sig. One thing I would say is that I love my gen 2, but I really want my gen 1 back. call me crazy, but although the gen 1 was alot slower it was much more fun to drive and was the true first of the breed.

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
Man the Eaton is loud as hell (drowns out everything), but I love the sound. :D The '03's have no issues that I know of (all problems fixed). I think you would enjoy the truck.

URBAN COWBOY

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Seems like most Gen 1 guys want a gen 2, and most gen 2 guys want a gen 1. I'd love a Gen 1. We'll see what happens.

Billybong

I Am The Anti-Rice!
Established Member
I'd like a Gen 1 with a big cam and some good heads. The sweet sound of a pure loping Ford V8 smallblock is music to my ears. :rockon:

95 thunder

Established Member
thanks for replys, not trying to be bashed here(start a gen 1 vs gen 2 debate), and i want a gen 2 pretty bad, (i like the thought of having both) and i appreciate my gen 1, but today i even appreciated it even more then i thought, yeah the gen 2 was a treat to test drive and i liked it etc...but driving my gen 1 with the mods i have, exhaust sound, etc...is just more fun to drive and today i relized it,(plus i think my 95 will take a "stock" gen 2 in a race, before test driving one, i was not sure) yeah i know i can do some mods to the gen 2 (but actually wife will be driving it the most, so i will keep it low key on mods if i get) maybe i am too old school or the oddball, but dollar to dollar for me(and a few other things) it's hard to for me to choose a gen 2 over a gen 1, but it's close ;-), bottom line they are both great trucks!

Users who are viewing this thread