Drove to GLD on 10/29 - ran a 9 second pass - drove back home!

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Drove to Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove Wisconsin yesterday. Changed out the tires and ran 2 passes. The place was packed with trailer cars and race cars that were index racing.

On the 2nd pass, I finally accomplished my goal of a 9 second pass:

60 ft: 1.515
330 ft: 4.257
1/8 mile: 6.460 @ 111.67 mph
1000 ft: 8.360
1/4 mile: 9.955 @ 141.79

Changed out the tires and drove back home. Averaged 17 miles per gallon with overdrive :rockon:

Here is photo of the time slip next to my windshield:

9secpass_angle2_10_29_11.jpg

Here is a link to the video: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlt_w3vsuRM"]Cobra GT's 2007 Shelby GT500 9 second pass at Great Lakes Dragaway 10/29/11 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Special thanks goes out to:

Jon Lund. He not only provided me with the tune to accomplish my goal, but he spent the time afterwards to discuss strategy and modifications to get me to my goal afterwards as well. Jon is so much more than a tuner!

and...

Van at Revan Racing. For his R&D on the C&R Heat Exchanger I am utilizing, as well as my inspiration for utilizing tape on the front of the car for aerodynamics. Van displayed a willingness to provide excellent advice regarding tweaks to aid me to accomplish my objectives. I highly encourage you to speak to Van about your goals, because he plaid a role in getting me to mine!

Thanks Jon and Van!!

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Awesome man! Big congrats. I'm a tire changer also. Make it all the better in my book.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Thanks man - much appreciated! I got excited when I saw my friend at the time slip booth. I was on cloud 9 when I got the slip!!

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Dialing it in

Thanks Mark! I think the shocks could still probably be adjusted some more to get my 60 foots into the 1.4 range. I had 2 runs yesterday with the same settings. First run yielded a 1.559 60 foot. With the identical shock setting, my 2nd pass got the 60 down to 1.515.

way to go Alex, you got the shocks dialed in correctly?

Thanks bro - I appreciate our PM's leading up to this 9 second pass!

Strong work dialing it in!

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Thanks Kali!

Thanks Kali!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for being my co-partner in crime on this car and handing me the slip yesterday!! Thanks also for coming up to hang out and video tape my run!!

We have talked so much about modifications over the past year, so a big-shout-out to you for your opinions and advice. I didn't always follow the words of wisdom, but there definitely was some great suggestions that I utilized to get to my goal.

Thanks man - we have talked so much on the phone that I had to upgrade my phone plan!!!

Congrats!

Last edited:

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
lol The camera does seem to shake a bit in the video, but I was just glad that my friend Kail (KG/Eleanor) could come up to the dragway, hang out, and get the run on tape.

Users who are viewing this thread