DRY flow filter alternative for JLT CAI?

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
I have a CF JLT CAI, but i hate the fact that its an oiled filter and the hassle time it takes to clean the filter and oiling it. I know the dimension are 4.5x9inches too, has anyone out there done a filter swap to dry? Also idk if 4.5 if the mouth of the filter or the base of the cone:shrug:

I was looking into r2c, aem, afe filters so far

thnx

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
thanks everyone!

I have plenty of options, now i just have to measure the "mouth" of the filter unless someone already know it??!?? lol

george.arnold

Established Member
If you end up going through and measuring and ordering, please post up your results in the how-to section. This is something I've been looking to do for some time now.

Tucker

We were talking with S&B at SEMA about their dry filters and they tell me they flow just as good as the oiled and sometimes better.

Would you guys like the option to order kits with oiled or dry filters? And would you like us to stock replacement dry filters for our kits?

Let me know
Jay

NoVA_Mike

Established Member
I would definitely go for the choice of a dry filter. I'm in the market for the JLT now as a matter of fact.

First post! Wooo!

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
We were talking with S&B at SEMA about their dry filters and they tell me they flow just as good as the oiled and sometimes better.

Would you guys like the option to order kits with oiled or dry filters? And would you like us to stock replacement dry filters for our kits?

Let me know
Jay

YES!

ill be your first customer for a dry filter, please let me know PM me

Ill post pics and whatever, this would only make the best CAI even better:rockon:

Tucker

It will be a little while before we get dry filters in, but the ball is rolling to have them as an option.

Thanks
Jay

MikeLTDLX

Established Member

Let me know
Jay

Yes. I would buy the dry filter from you if you had one in the proper size.

Mike

65sohc

Established Member
FWIW there are numerous tests that show the filter element itself, regardless of media, poses negligible restriction, even when "dirty," dirty being a relative term. Many people are of the opinion that once the filter goes from its original pretty red or blue to grey it needs to be cleaned. In reality the filter has to be practically caked with dirt before it needs servicing. As dirt builds up it acts as a barrier and filter performance actually improves. The other bit of info that came from testing, which probably won't come as much of a surprise, is that the oiled gauze filters provided the worst filtering action.

Users who are viewing this thread