Dry shot N20 users inside - questions..

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
I have been debating whether I should upgrade to a KB/WHipple or just add a N20 dry shot for occasional strip use. I have read too many horror stories about 600+ HP motors going south.
I have a ported Eaton with 500+ RWHP.
I can't see spending another 4K+ for 100 more HP (SC/injectors/tune)........so, I was wondering from all you dry shot users, what set up did you go with, how big a dry shot and what numbers did you end up with?
I figure I can do this for under 1K with injectors/N20/tune.

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
I would like to have another SC, but I can't justify the money for so few extra HP. Besides, on the street (98% of my driving), 500+ is more than enough.
Just decided where to stop. Don't want to buy another motor.

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
I'm on a 60 shot and my car went from 505/515 to 572/681. My kit is a dynotune kit. Great quality kit, affordable, easy to install, and a TON of fun!

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I have been looking at the DynoTune kit also. You should not need a new tune with a 60 shot or less. That will save you a few bucks too. As long as you inject the spray pre-MAF, the MAF will make the needed adjustments and add fuel accordingly. Just make sure you log it once or twice on a the spray so that you can make sure the injectors don't max out. You may be close to 100% duty cycle already with the ported blower.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Dynotune does make a good kit! If everything is setup right, N20 can be great to use! Takes a little time to get dialed in but then look out! You guys let me know if you need any help/tunes/parts and I'd be glad to set you up! I pride this in being one of my specialties!

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
sambandit, do you see a need for an injector upgrade with a Stage IV with a 2.93 and a 50 dry shot Pre-MAF? I have no lower and I plan on getting a BAP also.

gotwood

Established Member
I am in the same boat, but I dont have a ported blower. I was looking at a 100 shot of n20 tho. Any info on this please. mods are in my sig. Thanks guys.

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
Sam, what is the max dry shot one can run? I do have a BAP, but stock injectors. Also, suggest pre/post MAF?

mlambrecht

Established Member
If you do it post MAF it will hit harder but you need a new tune. I am running a 65 shot or so and my track time went from 12.4 to 11.4. I am running pre MAF and am running a seperate tune in a way with my predator. I have a custom tune from Rick with 21 degrees of timing and then when I use the nitrous I pull like 25% timing and that comes out to be 17 degrees. I also add about 5% fuel. I am running super rich but it is extremely safe. Once I get some time I will fine tune it a bit more. But my stock clutch isn't holding up anyways so no need to squeeze more horsepower out of it yet anyways. I have accidently sprayed without switching the tune and boy did it run hard but that wasn't very safe. Never do this if you are running post MAF it will not work.

04cobracop

Established Member
I have the Dynotune dry kit and love it. I first sprayed pre-maf 50shot and would never spray my car without getting a/f checked. I then learned that post-maf was a better way to go. I still have the 50 shot and also have a different tune just for my n20. I'm using the SCT x-cal 2. Again always check your A/F with n20. You are asking to go BOOMMMM!!!!

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I have had a couple cars run as big as a 150-200 dry shot with no problems. The sky is the limit as long as you are not running outta fuel. Post is alot better idea than PRE, unless you are spraying a real small shot.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Slow03Cobra said:
I'm on a 60 shot and my car went from 505/515 to 572/681. My kit is a dynotune kit. Great quality kit, affordable, easy to install, and a TON of fun!

Whats your pill size?

Users who are viewing this thread