DSG owners need some help.

maxinator

Established Member
Hello I just got a DSG 03 2 months ago and am looking to make it look a little sharper. I just got it lowered with HR race springs and MM CC plates which made a big difference. It came with chrome 18 inch shelby wheels which I like and look good for now but was thinking of tinting it how dark would you all recommend? If you have pics that would be appreciated. Also thinking of getting a black shorty antenna any recommendations.

Where do you guys purchase the black lettering that fills in the COBRA on the rear bumper? Last thing which is the most major the previous owner had the front license plate on which blows, was wondering what should I do to fix that is it easier to fill the holes and have a shop respray it that sounds pricey or can you fill them and use touch up paint but that might look cheesey any ideas on this would be great thanks.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
..was thinking of tinting it how dark would you all recommend?
I'd get at least 20%. That's what I've got on mine.

Bookstore010.jpg

Also thinking of getting a black shorty antenna any recommendations?
All the aftermarket shorty antennas are the same. Go with the cheapest one.

Last thing which is the most major the previous owner had the front license plate on which blows, was wondering what should I do to fix that is it easier to fill the holes and have a shop respray it that sounds pricey or can you fill them and use touch up paint but that might look cheesey any ideas on this would be great thanks.
Paint work is one thing I wouldn't skimp on. Some guys buy plastic plugs to put in the holes from the front plate but IMO that looks like ass. Just buck up and take it to a body shop.

maxinator

Established Member
Thanks you guys those the best decals for this car also you getting reflective or non? 20% looks about what I want. Thanks again.

Last edited:

ROADSTR6

Deficient SVT Poster
Established Member
bumperplugs.com will fix you up on the front license plate holes. Their plugs come color matched to your DSG paint. Easy install.

Gun5

Established Member
i'd do 17 (which is considered 20% usually) on the sides and limo on back 3... cops wont give you as much hassle and at night its just like limo damn near had it on 3 cars now... 3m and suntek tint...

damn I just bought the eibach prokit i wondering if that is going to be low enough to get rid of all my gap on my 10th anni's

ITL Cobra

Established Member
5% all the way around. It is kinda dark but I love it. Sorry for the crappy pics
Cobra9.jpg

Cobra2.jpg

Cobra10.jpg

Huff035

Established Member
Do you have any pics of the black chrome on DSG???

Sorry I just saw your post. These are the only two that i can get to at work but I have one that i took this past week beside a sonic blue car with stainless steel inserts so you can see the difference, ill try to post that up tonight.

59310_10150269906005603_667350602_14697196_1746497_n.jpg

rear.jpg

Jsko

Established Member
The window tint looks great, I really need to consider it. How do they handle the rear window with the DOT Matrix? They sand it down and go over? I see most Mustang tint start to bubble there, but all the cars above look pretty damn good from the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread