DTC codes P0141 and P0161

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
So a long story short as I never posted it on this forum, I had installed a JBA O/R X back in october, decided recently I should have gotten an H, wanted an H, so I got a Lethal O/R H.

The JBA was the biggest piece of garbage I've ever pulled of my car in my life with the bolts having rusted so bad the 15mm socket didn't even fit them anymore and neither did the 14MM and they just completely stripped from the metal being so rusted and soft. So I ended up using stripped bolt removed and got them off.

Won't buy JBA again, specially after comparing it to the Lethal pipe build quality and hardware.

Anyway!

So in that process, the JBA also tore one of my 02 sensors to hell and back. The other was damaged enough it wouldn't thread in properly. So I said eff it and ordered replacement 02 sensors. While I waited for them to come in I got some bolts from the auto store and sealed the 02 bungs.

I then threw those DTC codes. P0141 and P0161. Which show issues with the heat circuitry. So my question becomes this. Since I am tuned and the 02 sensors are turned off, which I know they are as my ODBII reader doesn't see the car as having them, why am I still throwing codes for them?

What I really wondered is if this might mean that the cooling function for the catalytic convertors isn't turned off and so the car is still trying to cool them, when they don't exist?

I got my new 02 sensors in and the DTC codes are gone, but now curious if my tune needs work.

ebrow21

Established Member
The Sensors are OEM from ford?

As an aside, I remember reading somewhere that JBA is both Lethal and BBR's "private label" manufacturer for X/H Pipes. If so, you bought close to the same product.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
The Sensors are OEM from ford?

As an aside, I remember reading somewhere that JBA is both Lethal and BBR's "private label" manufacturer for X/H Pipes. If so, you bought close to the same product.

yes, so are the replacements. Got them from Tousley for far cheaper than the aftermarket ones go for.

I don't believe that for a min that JBA makes them. Infact I can promise you that JBA doesn't make them. The lethal pipes are made in the USA and JBA is a mexico based company.

NickSezz

Established Member
Your rear O2s should never be "turned off." The values in the tune are manipulated so you don't get a CEL when the cats are removed.

Users who are viewing this thread