DTC p2626 code air/fuel ratio stuck at 20??? need some help

s.hammer

Established Member
Need some help, running ARH long tubes, X-pipe and VMP 91 OCT tune on 93 OCT fuel. Went to drive the car today and wasn't running right, check engine light came on, checked the code, P2626 Bank 1 o2 sensor. Pulled the front sensors to check and clean them if needed and cleared the code. Drove the car again, no code, but the air/fuel ratio is now stuck at 20 and does not seem to move at all.

questions of the day...

1. Is bank one the passenger side?
2. Can I swap the rear o2 with the front being that the rear are shut off on a tune with long tubes and an x-pipe?
3. Is there anything else that would cause this out of the blue? Car has been running this tune for a couple of months at least with no problems.

Really in a pinch here, so any help is greatly appreciated.

RBB

Established Member
I had the same thing going on this summer when I was doing some data logs for Lund. Change your O2 sensor and all will be well. They get fouled up, especially with long tubes. Mine would freeze on a maxed out reading every time I would.go WOT. Passenger side is Bank1 and no, the front and rear sensors are not interchangeable. Front O2s are wideband.

s.hammer

Established Member
Pulled them 3 miles after cleaning, pass side is black. Called 2 local dealers, not in stock. Really need this part for tomorrow as the car is being traded in. Are the GT500 o2s unique to our cars or are the same as other models like the new 5.0 or the coyote engine?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Pulled them 3 miles after cleaning, pass side is black. Called 2 local dealers, not in stock. Really need this part for tomorrow as the car is being traded in. Are the GT500 o2s unique to our cars or are the same as other models like the new 5.0 or the coyote engine?

Revan Racing sells them on his website. There NGK 02s. Double check the part number he has.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Was able to grab one at a ford dealer about 45 minutes away today. Thanks for the help.

Did that fix this issue?
Hopefully it did, but I have some ideas if it did not.
good luck, what are you replacing the Shelby with?
-J

s.hammer

Established Member
Fixed the issue, ran smooth all the way to the dealership 60 miles away. Think it is just a side effect of longtube headers.

Traded it in for a Z28. Still a Ford guy, but the deals they are giving on the Z right now are unbelievable considering how well the car is equipped for the track. Not as fast as the Shelby on the street, but I can't wait to get it on the track next season to see what it does there.

Users who are viewing this thread