Dual Blade Inlet on 2.2 KB...

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
I bought a 2.2 from a guy a while back and I didn't know it was a dual blade inlet on it (I just assumed they were all for single blade tb's). Anyways, I figured it might restrict the air flow a little bit but not much or else why would they make these things? My tuner tuned the car for 19# (3.25/4#) with about 15 degrees of timing for a pump gas tune (A/F 11.5:1 all the way through). On this tune the car made right at 550rwhp. To me that seems strangely low. I was thinking it would make somewhere around the 570 - 580rwhp mark on the pump gas tune...?

There will be two other tunes for race gas which aren't done yet. The next tune will be on 19#'s again, but will run on 109 unleaded with about 21 degrees of timing. The other tune will be on 22#'s with 109 unleaded with around 18-20 degrees of timing. Any estimates on what my car will put down on those tunes? I just wanted to get your opinions on this and see if anyone else around is running a KB or Whipple w/ a dual blade inlet.

I'm not one to throw all my faith in dyno numbers but to keep this in perspective, my car made 505rwhp w/ a Stage 4 port (2.93/4#). This was all on the same dyno I'm having the car tuned on now w/ the same tuner. So switching to a KB really only netted me 45 more rwhp! To me, that's nuts. lol Anyways, here's my questions:

My numbers seem low so do you think it would be beneficial to switch out the inlet to a single blade ($250 bucks from KB for the swap)? Do you or do you know of anyone else who is running a dual blade inlet on a blower? Are your/their numbers on the low side?

fudgerunyard

Banned
I have a 2.2KB with a Kenne Bell s/b (accufab really). My car has the stock 3.0 upper pulley for 17#'s. If my scanner worked i would put up the dyno sheet so you could see it. A/F was about what yours was. Plus the usual mods, Bassani o/r x-pipe, Bassani catback, RAI, 60lb injectors, KB BAP, SCT BIG AIR MAF...NGK's...

At any rate, my numbers were a corrected 550rwhp and 510rwtq. Uncorrected they were 564 and 523. Seems you should be seeing higher numbers if your at 19#'s. Hope this helps.

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
I have a 2.2KB with a Kenne Bell s/b (accufab really). My car has the stock 3.0 upper pulley for 17#'s. If my scanner worked i would put up the dyno sheet so you could see it. A/F was about what yours was. Plus the usual mods, Bassani o/r x-pipe, Bassani catback, RAI, 60lb injectors, KB BAP, SCT BIG AIR MAF...NGK's...

At any rate, my numbers were a corrected 550rwhp and 510rwtq. Uncorrected they were 564 and 523. Seems you should be seeing higher numbers if your at 19#'s. Hope this helps.

Ya, this inlet is just really restricting the airflow; I just wish I woulda known how much it was going to affect it prior to putting it on. I'm gonna eventually swap it out w/ a single blade inlet. How much timing are you running?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Mods in sig

My car put out 602 pullied at 19#'s with 16*s timing and a 11.7 AFR (said to be good for pump + toco)

When I had PSR throw it on the dyno it was at 565 heatsoaked pulling timing at 13*
Probably the same dynojet your car is on.

A single blade TB will probably not make a huge difference imo (for the $$ that is)
What intake are you running?

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Mods in sig

My car put out 602 pullied at 19#'s with 16*s timing and a 11.7 AFR (said to be good for pump + toco)

When I had PSR throw it on the dyno it was at 565 heatsoaked pulling timing at 13*
Probably the same dynojet your car is on.

A single blade TB will probably not make a huge difference imo (for the $$ that is)
What intake are you running?

Interesting. The only difference in our mods are your long tubes. The car is still at the shop now. Tomorrow Devin's gonna make a race gas tune for 19#'s (just more timing), and a race gas tune for 22#'s. I'll be interested to see the power those tunes make. Either way, I'll more than likely put a single blade inlet on the car somewhere down the road. I have a JLT CAI on the car.

And again, as I've said before...these are just numbers, really. I don't put a whole lot of faith in a dyno number. I'll take it to the track at some point and see what kind of mph it lays down, and go from there.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I have a RAI (not the in the fender type)

On the dyno (not at PSR) it put out more power than my JLT CAI and DeMolet CAI

The straight shot RAI's seem to put out more power than the CAI's, just a thought.

Either way Devin knows his stuff from what I hear so you should be good, that thing is going to scream at 22#s

I was also running 100 octane when it was put on the dyno, I always run 100 even though the tune is for 91. I just don't feel too comfortable running pump, don't want to get caught with a bad tank of fuel.

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
I have a RAI (not the in the fender type)

On the dyno (not at PSR) it put out more power than my JLT CAI and DeMolet CAI

The straight shot RAI's seem to put out more power than the CAI's, just a thought.

Either way Devin knows his stuff from what I hear so you should be good, that thing is going to scream at 22#s

I was also running 100 octane when it was put on the dyno, I always run 100 even though the tune is for 91. I just don't feel too comfortable running pump, don't want to get caught with a bad tank of fuel.

I hear ya man. I always put at least 3-4 gallons of 100 just for a little peace of mind as well. I just don't trust the gas here. I'm just ready do have the car back; either way it's going to be night and day difference from the ported eaton. :rockon: I'll post up the numbers on the race tunes as soon as I know what they are.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
he is on a dynojet which reads about 15% higher than any other dyno so he actually is running less hp than what he saw

Users who are viewing this thread