Dual gauge A-pillar options? Ease of install vs. vent pods?

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
I've got a pair of aeroforce gauges (2 1/16") that I'd like to install in my 2009. I already have the Roush vent mounts, but I just wanted to see what options there might be for an A-pillar mount.

I see Autometer makes one, but doesn't come in charcoal, only black. Thought about painting it, but match might be difficult.

Speed of Sound advertises a dark charcoal (sounds like black) but I've heard there are issues with that company.

Just wanted to hear from anyone else that has gone this route.

Also wondering which install would be easier. I'm planning on monitoring both A/F banks. Aeroforce informed me it was doable. Also plan on vac/boost, and oil pressure. I'm not sure if I can add anything else.

Last edited:

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Did an AeroForce / Speed Of Sound install on my 14 this past April.
The dual gauge pod couldn't be easier to install, after all, it is an OEM moulding.
You can monitor ( 7 ) different items + rpm, per gauge.
There are several videos on line..
Gauge_plaque_install_04-21-2018_001.jpg

Gauge_plaque_install_04-21-2018_004.jpg

Gauge_plaque_install_04-21-2018_006.jpg

Gauge_plaque_install_04-21-2018_009.jpg

Gauge_plaque_install_04-21-2018_018.jpg

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Speed of Sound makes these out of the factory trim pieces. I think when they have trouble getting new OEM trim parts, it causes problems. That said, I'm not sure how much longer Ford will produce these pieces as the '09 is already 10 years out of production. They really are easy to replace and they make a 3 gauge pod as well.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
I have the SoS triple pod and have no issues at all. Quality piece. Biggest thing was running my manual boost gauge to the engine compartment.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’d like to run this same setup. Do they still make SVT face cover upgrades?
Only other change is a shift light mounted also on A pillar. Alibi based on your double where is best place for shift light? Above or between?
What shift light works best for us?
-J

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
I have the SoS double pod with the claw attachment, or whatever they call it, for the raptor shift light. The light sits on top of the lower pod. It's perfect. Extremely well put together and very simply to install, even when adding a mechanical kit like a boost gauge. I even have the dual mode light, which isn't supposed to fit and it works fine.

Not my photo, same setup though
slide_1.jpg

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Only other change is a shift light mounted also on A pillar. Alibi based on your double where is best place for shift light? Above or between?
-J
The last time I visited the site, several face plates were available, they are an extra cost option.
There are ( 4 ) different display colors, ( white, blue, green, red ), I chose red.
I don't have a shift light, or need one.
Selecting ( rpm ) as one of your parameters, you can select a shift point & the gauge will fire like a shift light. I have both gauges set up like this & it's bright enough to get my attention. If you have to have a stand alone shift light, your line of sight would determine the best location.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Did an AeroForce / Speed Of Sound install on my 14 this past April.
The dual gauge pod couldn't be easier to install, after all, it is an OEM moulding.
You can monitor ( 7 ) different items + rpm, per gauge.
There are several videos on line..
View attachment 1498452
View attachment 1498453
View attachment 1498454
View attachment 1498455
View attachment 1498456

Thanks for posting the pics. Looks super simple for the basic gauge install. How was the color match? Not sure if our cars are the same interior trim color.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Like I said, these are factory trim pieces with their pods attached and holes drilled for wiring. Dark Charcoal, was the only interior color on 2010 up for the GT500. I've not seen an earlier model in anything but either. It's a direct match on my car. I'm working on mine today. I'll snap a few shots while I"m at it. I'm having some issues with one of the analog sensors and I'm re-wiring it to the other gauge.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
-J

They make SVT logo and GT500 logo face plates. Look on the accessories page.

Raptor light is rediculously bright. I have the dual mode, which lights up for launch rpm in addition to shift rpm.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Good catch catmonkey. I noticed that as well on mine. I don’t recall it happening on my 03 cobra so guessing the port is picking up voltage changes on newer models (S197 anyway vs fox4)?

Users who are viewing this thread