Dual to single blade TB

FANGTASTIC

Established Member
Hello everyone, I have finally gotten my dream car, a '04 Redfire with a 2.3 Whipple.

It has an aftermarket dual blade tb on it now, and I'd like to go single blade. I saw no results from search (Unless I did it wrong).

Which sb tb will fit the Whipple with a JLT cold air intake? also, will a retune be needed?

Thanks.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You'll need a different plenum from Whipple to be able to use the SBTB. I believe it has to do with the idle air channel.

I don't know if whatever power you might gain is worth the cost of the plenum plus having to swap it on.

I know, I know, VMP has a removable inlet which makes it superior.

Comp04svt

Established Member
Like above, you'll need to swap the elbow to run a single blade. I'm not sure the cost of doing so would be worth the power you would gain. If you could find an elbow and TB used for a decent price then maybe. If you did the elbow, then I would recommend the LFP single blade. Should mate up to the intake you already have just fine. I would recommend a re tune.

stangfreak

Established Member
keep what you have. The cost is NOT worth it. Believe me. when you are tired of the 2.3 whipple and want to sell it for something else, that is when you get what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread