dude gets choke slammed by cop in vegas

Stopsign32v

Established Member
He was probably thinking "Stupid rent-a-cop". :lol:

Right before he hit the ground.

PhotonSabreX

Motor City Slicker
Established Member
That's a bit extreme...this is coming from the son of a cop. That officer was pretty stupid.

UCBeau

the idiot was just asking for it..if the cop asks you to do something as mundane as that, just do it. i kinda wish he'd gotten tasered :(

VEE EIGHT

Banned
PhotonSabreX said:
That's a bit extreme...this is coming from the son of a cop. That officer was pretty stupid.

How was he stupid? The guy wasn't cooperating, WTF was he supposed to do? Stand there and continue asking him to take his hands out of his pockets for the next hour and hope he does what hes told?

:rollseyes

SoCaLCobra79

Established Member
PhotonSabreX said:
Once you make the decision to disobey an officer after he asks to do something 3 times, expect the worse. What would you want your father to do in that situation? I'm surprised he didn't take out his weapon!

Last edited:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
PSI87 said:
Nice, I like to see cops who don't take sh*t from people.

+1. Also i would like to see cops actually "USE" their guns. I saw a episode of worlds wildest police videos where this dude ramed at least 3 cop cars and when the cops finally had him cornered he tried to ram another cop car. My point is that if the cops have their gun out at least shoot the tires so the criminals cant get away.

PSI87

Banned
Wishing4Cobra said:
+1. Also i would like to see cops actually "USE" their guns. I saw a episode of worlds wildest police videos where this dude ramed at least 3 cop cars and when the cops finally had him cornered he tried to ram another cop car. My point is that if the cops have their gun out at least shoot the tires so the criminals cant get away.

I'd aim for the radiator... It's a easier target and a car can't operate long w/o coolent.

PhotonSabreX

Motor City Slicker
Established Member
SoCaLCobra79 said:
Once you make the decision to disobey an officer after he asks to do something 3 times, expect the worse. What would you want your father to do in that situation? I'm surprised he didn't take out his weapon!

Yeah, the guy wasn't listening to the officer, but the way that the officer took him down is wrong. You can easily break someone's neck doing that. Officers know plenty of effective ways to take down a guy quickly without being so reckless. I just thought it was a little irresponsible.

Expect the worse? Not really. Cops aren't infallible; they have strict sets of protocols that need to be followed in all different types of situations. Just because you have a badge doesn't mean you can walk around choke slamming people. I think the officer was putting on a show for the camera; he knew damn well there wasn't shit in that guys pocket (at least that could cause bodily harm).

What would my father do? Not that. :nonono:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
PhotonSabreX said:
Yeah, the guy wasn't listening to the officer, but the way that the officer took him down is wrong. You can easily break someone's neck doing that. Officers know plenty of effective ways to take down a guy quickly without being so reckless. I just thought it was a little irresponsible.

Expect the worse? Not really. Cops aren't infallible; they have strict sets of protocols that need to be followed in all different types of situations. Just because you have a badge doesn't mean you can walk around choke slamming people. I think the officer was putting on a show for the camera; he knew damn well there wasn't shit in that guys pocket (at least that could cause bodily harm).

What would my father do? Not that. :nonono:

+1 on the maybe showing off for the camera part. and also on the breaking someones neck part.

Taser=most effective way of taking someone down. No matter if their 6'9 270 lbs.

PSI87

Banned
PhotonSabreX said:

I condone what he did, but I have to agree with you as well.

TEABG

Banned
PhotonSabreX said:

That was well executed, it is not ideal to go hands on. However in this situation it was absolutely justified! Secondary measure would be Taser or the dreaded OC. Partner reaction needs improvement. It is so easy for us to critiq or question the officers actions as we set safely on the Internet. Entirely different seeing this through his eyes. USE OF FORCE ON THE NECK DOES NOT PLAY TO WELL HERE IN LA. BIG NO NO!! Your father would agree..

Last edited:
Bet when that cop got back to the station, he told all his buddies about how bad he was.. Lived in Vegas for 23 years!! Most of em are pretty bad ass and use their power to their advantage. All the idiot had to do was walk towards the car with his hands out of his pockets.. Wonder what his defense will be in court?? "He never told me to put my hands up Judge. He just attacked me!" LOL!!

Users who are viewing this thread