Dumb things you did as a kid.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
In catholic grade school, I put a thumb tack on a girls chair. She was wearing the typical catholic school girl outfit. She about jumped out of the desk when she sat on it.

olympic

Established Member
Just remembered another one! I was maybe 7 or 8 years old and I found a (mostly) empty can of red spray paint. My older brothers would shoot them with a .22 to let the pressure out and then use a hacksaw to cut them open to get the marble out. I was too young to use a gun on my own so I laid the can on the ground and speared it with a big crowbar. After a few tries I managed to pierce the can and the remaining red paint spewed out and hit me directly in the face! I was mostly blinded by the paint and went screaming into the house in pain and terror. Mom nearly fainted because she thought the red paint was blood. Ended up with a trip to the ER to get my eyes flushed out and I had to wear a patch on my left eye for a while. To this day it's still a little smaller than my right eye!

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
BB guns and fireworks for me aswell. The biggest thing I messed with as a kid was dry ice. I made so many damn dry ice bombs. Some so big I had the cops called on me for the noise.

96 cobra

Established Member
Maybe this is a Long Island thing, but people who are currently in their 40's who you knew as kids... were the vast majority of them deranged thrill seekers who just barely made it to adulthood without grave injury and/or significant jail time?

I'm in my late 30's and nearly every single older friend / friend's older brother was completely mental. Very entertaining, but mental...

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Maybe this is a Long Island thing, but people who are currently in their 40's who you knew as kids... were the vast majority of them deranged thrill seekers who just barely made it to adulthood without grave injury and/or significant jail time?

I'm in my late 30's and nearly every single older friend / friend's older brother was completely mental. Very entertaining, but mental...

I think it's more generational. I turned 40 this year and have some older buddies that were complete lunatics, some didn't make it past young adulthood either. I cringe when I think about some of the stupid shit we all did.

96 cobra

Established Member
I think it's more generational. I turned 40 this year and have some older buddies that were complete lunatics, some didn't make it past young adulthood either. I cringe when I think about some of the stupid shit we all did.

I was just talking with a coworker about this, and we decided the stereotypical 'crazy older friend' profile was equal parts Bunny from Platoon and the cast of Jackass haha...

pwrshft99

Established Member
We used to climb in the empty and open rail cars sitting along the road. There were no gates or even security keeping an eye on things. We didn't steal anything or do damage but it was fun to climb the cars and just check them all out.

Years later, I got a job loading those rail cars. It's amazing how quickly and silently a diesel locomotive can sneak up on you. If they had been in the process of moving those rail cars while we were on them screwing around, it would have been ugly.

Bioburner

Established Member
Rule 1, don't leave a dozen or so juvenile students alone in a wood and metal working shop alone!
Now most of the welding pranks were filling the shop bench legs with welding gas, but this one, when the shop teacher broke rule 1, filled the steel door frame with gas and touched it off. There was no doubt it was a perfect mix with the echo resounding all through the school.
No seen door damage so when the not so bright teacher arrived to scold the class about this dangerous prank the door fell inward with a crash having removed its frame mounts from the cement wall.
The look was a OH Shit. No reprimand but told us to have the door rehung when he got back in 10.
He was fired 3 years latter when he left the shop and a girl using a table saw removed a couple fingers

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Drove my dad's '67 Galaxie 120mph on my morning paper route in around 1972. Let me tell you, drum brakes do NOT get the job done on an all steel full sized big block sedan.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Drove my dad's '67 Galaxie 120mph on my morning paper route in around 1972. Let me tell you, drum brakes do NOT get the job done on an all steel full sized big block sedan.
Damn, I so remember drums on all corners.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Other stupid stuff I did in dad's Galaxie. Driving down hill in second, turn off the ignition for a few seconds, then turn it back on, then BOOM. Huge backfire.

He called me out to the carport one day to ask me WTH was wrong with HIS muffler. It was blown up like a ripe tomato. Lol.

"Uh dad, I have no clue." Lol

Users who are viewing this thread