Dumps

robvas

Established Member
I realize that, like I said I've put a couple of these together already.

Now this is an interesting one. If I had some Jegs coupons and could get like $50 off, I'd just buy this and replace the mufflers. Crappy tailpipes though. Flowmaster wants like $300 just for their nicer tails.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 11.41.09 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 11.41.09 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 63

LS WUT

Established Member
So I’ll say this, I’ve had 4 of these cobras. I had my Redfire with dumps and I didn’t like the drone it at at 55mph and even worse at 85 on the highway for me. It rumbled the backseat and such. I also had electric cut outs on my 14 GT. It was Cool when I was racing for more free flow. As a daily thought, I don’t think you’ll enjoy it as much as you’d think. Either way I’m all for you giving it a whirl. Nothing that can’t be undone. Even more recently when I installed my Bassani X pipe, and Borla Stingers. As a man you have to turn the car in cold start with just headers, and then just x pipe. It reminded me of durby racing.

robvas

Established Member
I had universal hangers that I bolted on when I ran dumps. Might be something to consider temporarily until you know for sure that you like it.
I'll try to mock it up and run down to NAPA and see what they have. Probably something like this:

Attachments

• IMG_5170.jpeg
    IMG_5170.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 54

robvas

Established Member
It sounds a lot deeper and way smoother. It's right about the sound I was looking for.

However, as MANY of you warned, it shakes the whole ****ing car at idle :lol: When you're going 30mph is fine. It feels like one of those arcade games where you shoot a machine gun. dum dum dum dum

I don't have the turndowns on yet since my metal cutting blade didn't ship yet...not sure if that will help much at all. I might end up sticking tailpipes on it.

Rambro

Established Member
I had a dumped cat back with dynomax bullet mufflers. It was extremely loud at wot, and vibrated the whole interior. I let my buddy drive it one day, and he went wot past me and it was nuts how loud it was.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Dynomax Ultra Flo mufflers sound like pure sex on my Turbo 98.
A nice idle and cruising tone, and then the car really barks when you get on it. I've literally had over a dozen different setups on my Mustangs over the years, but the Ultra Flo mufflers are by far my favorite.
With that said, not sure I'd like them with dumps though. Your exhaust sounds way different than mine.

I remember getting the suggestion from @badcobra (thanks) when inquiring on well flowing, good sounding mufflers for a turbo setup.

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Dyno max Bullets

Here’s an old video when I had dynomax bullets dumped because I sold my IRS and had a built SRA installed. This was MAC O/R Prochamber and bullets dumped. It was loud and nice, but I was glad when I got some Borla Stingers back on!

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
I’m glad you enjoy them. I loved my exhaust set up on mine. However I used it for a purpose. Drone at 75-80 was real, and boy was it a butt massage like I said haha.

robvas

Established Member
I cut up a price of mandrel bent tubing to make a couple turndowns that are about 80 degrees and rotated about 45 degrees so they point down and to the side, and a little to the back, instead of straight down.

Takes most of the obnoxiousness out of it compared to having it just exit out of the mufflers. I think I might leave it like that unless a cop gives me a hard time about it not being past the axle.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I cut up a price of mandrel bent tubing to make a couple turndowns that are about 80 degrees and rotated about 45 degrees so they point down and to the side, and a little to the back, instead of straight down.

Takes most of the obnoxiousness out of it compared to having it just exit out of the mufflers. I think I might leave it like that unless a cop gives me a hard time about it not being past the axle.

I run LMR foxbody tailpipes on my SN95. LMRs tails were said to be one of just a couple companies that make tails that clear the MM PHB, and they were cheap too. They may be a cheap alternative for you.

robvas

Established Member
I run LMR foxbody tailpipes on my SN95. LMRs tails were said to be one of just a couple companies that make tails that clear the MM PHB, and they were cheap too. They may be a cheap alternative for you.
These are what I bought last time

Attachments

• IMG_5442.jpeg
    IMG_5442.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 48

robvas

Established Member
I realize that, like I said I've put a couple of these together already.

Now this is an interesting one. If I had some Jegs coupons and could get like $50 off, I'd just buy this and replace the mufflers. Crappy tailpipes though. Flowmaster wants like $300 just for their nicer tails.

Jegs jacked the price on this back up to $371 from $220

Anyone seen a deal on 99-04 tailpipes anywhere?

robvas

Established Member
Resurrecting this to ask another exhaust related question...

I have this axleback. Well, the $160 version from Amazon that doesn't say Steeda on the tips.

Anyway, let's say I was going to get a (hopefully cheap) welder and put my own mufflers in it.

It just sounds a little tinny.

Excuse the crappy takeoff it was like the first time I drove the car and it has an RXT so it's touchy.

Back to the question. What kind of a welder do I need? I don't need a TIG setup do I? Can I use a $150 flux core welder?

Next question is, how do you make sure you put everything back on straight. The tips you can just eyeball. But how would you build some kind of jig or whatever to make sure your hangers and the rear pipes are back on the right way?

Attachments

• IMG_9417.jpeg
    IMG_9417.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 16

03' White Snake

Established Member
Flux core welds look like poop for the most part. A cheap HF welder is not what you want. I have a Hobart 140 and with gas it welds very nice. I hear good things about Eastwoods 140 but I have no first hand experience with it.

Install the exhaust on the car, tack it in place. Remove and finish weld the seems. Make sure you don’t weld it so it cannot be removed.

vr4

Established Member
I have a Lincoln sp135+ and a 140c. Don't dare use flux core on exhaust. You'll regret it.

Or maybe not...

Users who are viewing this thread