Duryea hillclimb in an '04 Mach 1

nekasrof

Established Member
Crow Mountain kinda went away after Rich's crash in 2009. We did do a 2010 and 2011, but Road was in pretty bad shape last year. County decided not to do again.
We do have a couple of good events over in Robbinsville,NC (think east end of Dragon, except just off Parkway. Chasing the Dragon SCCA Hillclimb Promo on Vimeo
Haven't run it yet. Can't get my rig up the road. Paddock is side of the road below the start.
Those trucks behind the start are actual paddocks. Open trailers work fine, but anything over an enclosed 16 foot won't fit. :^(
Guess you know George Bowland. ;^)

Greg
Down south we have SOLO autocross classes that can run rollbars, belts, suits, and fire bottle.
http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.ShowFlyer?psevent_id=13409
Rich had run Giants Despair that year. I didn't know him but stopped at his pit to simply look at the car and say hello.

Chasing the dragon looks cool. Bummer you can't get a sense of elevation change but, when do you???!
Yep, I know George.

We're still in Street Mod. I am weighing my options. Safety has now become a serious concern. I've been using an Autopower 6pt bolt in. But it's useless now with the speeds I carry. Just didn't want to make that leap into the weld in cage but I think it's coming before the next Duryea event, next August.
After the cage, I need to take a hard look at weight reduction which makes me consider, do I want to stay in SM? I really want to keep the car streetable though. We don't drive it too often but I need to down at Mustang Week and maybe Carlisle.

nekasrof

Established Member
how in the **** didnt i know about this? im like 15 min away from the pagoda...

BS. i call major BS on that.

Hahaha! Wake up!!!!!!
When we finalize the 2013 season, I'll be sure to get it to you.
Our next event is in a week and a half on the Jefferson Circuit @ Summit Point. Small, 1 mile road course but a good place for test and tune. Up in the air whether we will run it or not. After that is the Weatherly event. You can certainly come to that. Weatherly, PA is only 12 miles beyond Jim Thorpe. We will be running that event as I may go after the Street Mod record. If you're interested in coming, just let me know. If you go, just ask where the MREVIL car is. Everyone knows me.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
ive always wanted to fly down that road lol. that other race is about 1.5 hours away for me, how many cars typically run in those? id like to take some pictures, seems like a interesting event.

nekasrof

Established Member
If you wanna fly down that road, get the safety gear and come do it for real.

The Weatherly event attracts 60 - 70 drivers. It's easy to find and if you can't find it while in the town, just ask someone. The whole town gets into it.

Users who are viewing this thread