Dynamat users

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Dynamat works, some swear buy the cheaper ones. If you roll that sucker on, I highly doubt it will ever come off without some serious scraping.

CobraMac

Established Member
My old truck was completelyyy dynamated. Every square inch. I say totally go for it. I would stick with dynamat and not go with any off brands as I had such good experience. You have to roll is on with a press roller though so it will stay, and don't worry about the heat where you live as that will only make the dynamat stickier. If you dynamat your car the road noise inside will reduce BIG time. So that's a huge plus. Only down side is the addition of weight. It's not too bad though

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Your looking at adding maybe 20-30 lbs of weight dependig on how many layers and where all you put it.

I just recently found out I have it lined on my roof, doors, and trunk.

IMO don't go with off brand.

Last edited:

keith89

Established Member
Go with raamat its much cheaper. Its slightly thinner than dynamat but its cheap enough that you can put 2 layers on which is better and lighter than single layers of dynamat. RAAMaudio - Quality and Value in Automotive Sound Deadening

I have this in my Cobra and Focus. Its much cheaper than dynamat and I found it easier to work with(half my focus started with dynamat). I also put down some ensolite in my cobra which really quiets it down when the windows are closed.

Juruense

Banned
I tried to carpet from 50resto in my last project car, garbage if you ask me. The fibers from the carpet shed EVERYWHERE, looked like I had a dog in the car.

keith89, thanks for the link.
Thanks for that info I was thinking about buying one but will go OEM based on your advice.

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
Heres some shots of my dynamat job.
Cobralatestmods005.jpg

Cobralatestmods004.jpg

keith89

Established Member
I tried to carpet from 50resto in my last project car, garbage if you ask me. The fibers from the carpet shed EVERYWHERE, looked like I had a dog in the car.

keith89, thanks for the link.

You're welcome. If you do end up going raamat, let Rick know Keith sent you. He gave me a discounted price and may do the same for you. It only cost me $250 to do my entire cobra with at least 2 layers everywhere(more than 2 in the doors) and enough ensolite to cover the cabin and trunk(multiple layers in some places)

Users who are viewing this thread