Dyno at Marysville Speed Sat

MyFordsFly

Established Member
Mystic requested I start another thread just in case a bunch of people end up wanting to dyno. We have room for 3 more cars (AJC-05GT and Mystic are already coming). We have a dyno tuning session in the morning, and have AJC coming in at noon. So if you want to rack up your car in the afternoon let me know. Your also welcome to hang out, check out the shop, and watch some stangs run.

E.J

AJC-05GT

Established Member
should be fun - I didnt expect a bunch of Stangs to go, it a relief to have some company since I've never dyno'd before.. Cant wait to see what 04MystiCobra puts down... :pop: !

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I just hope the same doesn't happen when the spray kicks in. The dyno electronics wouldn't read my power.

MyFordsFly

Established Member
AJC-05GT said:
should be fun - I didnt expect a bunch of Stangs to go, it a relief to have some company since I've never dyno'd before.. Cant wait to see what 04MystiCobra puts down... :pop: !

Man its not looking so much like there will be a bunchs of stangs. There was a good amount of interest at first. I dont know what happened. Come on guys, Will, Dave, Sidewayz28, anyone?

E.J.

AJC-05GT

Established Member
MyFordsFly said:
Man its not looking so much like there will be a bunchs of stangs. There was a good amount of interest at first. I dont know what happened. Come on guys, Will, Dave, Sidewayz28, anyone?

E.J.

Try posting on Stangnet regional - there was a couple of guys interested there...

MyFordsFly

Established Member
Oxford Snake said:
I only need 1 pull, maybe 2 after that the ported Eaton is heatsoaked bad.

No problem. And we should be able to give ya some cool down time as well.

Last edited:

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Unfortunatley, I ended up getting called into work.... Saw AJ"s 05 coming away from there as I was heading home. How did that go?

Oxford Snake

Established Member
AJ's car was fairly lean and JDM did not unlock any of the end user adjustable parameters on his Xcal2. I recommended he contact RWTD.

My car indicated it was a little lean as well with the tailpipe sniffer. Best numbers were 512rwhp/508rwtq (Actual).

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Didnt get any. This time the dyno was fine but I had a spark issue so there weren't any consistant numbers. Pulled the plugs and found water (from washing) in #4 spark plug bore. Not exactly the greatest thing for ignition. When the spray hit the motor severely sputtered and stumbled. I regapped the plugs down to .030 as recommended by EJ. Alls well again as I went on a test run last night. :rockon: I'll be dynoing again asap. I just hope my clutch will last enough for another pull.
Without spray I made 504/518. Even with spark issue it did pull 620tq at 3560 rpm right before the spark issue and then she layed over and wouldn't make any power. I'll get it right one of these days.

Last edited:

MACHDADDY1

DRAGPAK
Established Member
I like those magazine numbers from that dyno. its like raceing at ATCO in the sping. If you guys get something going later in the summer or fall i would like to ride that roller! Hope you get your tune figured out soon Greg. I would love to see that car on a good clean pull.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Tune is good to go. She s a little rich but nothing bad at all. Right after the dyno I pulled the plugs and found the problem. I'm ready to dyno again. Already tried the spray and she pulled cleanly to 6k. My plugs are right between tan and red in color so not bad there. I may pull alittle out of it but not much. I'm still happy with my non-spray 504/518 numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread