dyno candy over 700 whp inside

jdub2003

Established Member
I have been altering some things with the cobra, I upgraded to a thumperr tensioner and dropped it to 18 lbs of boost (it can take more) pump gas, 18 lbs bad humidity. 704 rwhp and 594 ft lbs of torque

cobradyno.png

jdub2003

Established Member
cobramotorgood.jpg
2003cobramotor2.jpg

The heads were ported by coupe performance, arp head studs, houston performance blower cams, comp cam valve springs, cp pistons, manley rods, arp main studs, ported intake manifold/ported polished f1 procharger, full aeromotive a1000 fuel system including tank, 80 lb injectors with fuel rails, 10 an feed, 8 an return, sct mass air tune, hooker long tube headers, hooker x pipe, hooker aero chamber mufflers, with bassani tail pipes, t56 6 speed, 26 spline input shaft, stage 3 clutch, and aluminum flyhwheel. Rear end 8.8 solid axle with 3.73 gears, 31 spline axles eaton locker suspension and upper k member and a arm coilovers up front, h and r lower springs in rear, southside machine upper and lower control arms spearical bushings and sub frame connectors, I just added a thumperr tensioner which im very impressed with maybe I can go 3 months without belt issues. Thanks for the compliments guys, I like it here alot of knowledge and you guys got some bad ass cars.

Last edited:

jdub2003

Established Member
98 saleen thats a monster sir. Do you ever come to georgia, im new to the domestic scene, We got a crew and go to some meets here and there, im looking for a more cobra-terminator crew.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Wow so you have a completely built motor. What CR is it? What fuel and how much timing? Also are those numbers SAE or standard? Stupid photobucket won't let me zoom in on your dyno pic.
How's it run? bet it feels like an animal. Under hood pics?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
98 saleen thats a monster sir. Do you ever come to georgia, im new to the domestic scene, We got a crew and go to some meets here and there, im looking for a more cobra-terminator crew.

Quite the list you have there man!! I had belt issues and the Thump tensioner cured all of them!! I haven't thrown a belt in 2 years now!

Thanks for the compliments.. It should make close to 700 with a retune but I'm not to concerned about numbers honestly. I don't come up to Georgia and I'm actually moving back to CA in less than 2weeks. :(.. Great car though man!

Users who are viewing this thread