Dyno Comparo. Motor vs. 75shot vs. Whipple

ebrow21

Established Member
I try to dyno my car after just about every power mod, and I wanted to give some info back to the board for anyone interested in viewing a direct comparison.

These are all from the same dyno, runs 2 and 3 on the same day. Please keep in mind, all runs were done in 3rd gear, so peak numbers may not seem up to par. I think the spread/track time tells the difference though.

Motor graph (Run 3) went 11.94@117mph
AIRAID, Race stars (275/60/15), DSS ds, o/r x, JMS tune

75 Shot Graph (Run 2) went 10.94@123
AIRAID, Race stars, DSS ds, o/r x, nx plate 75 shot, JMS tune

The car with the Whipple (Run 5) has not been run at the track, yet. The graph loop is the converter locking in 3rd gear, I'm sure it would have provided higher numbers down low if it were locked earlier. Gauge saw about 9lbs.

JLT 127, Race stars, DSS ds, CJ 65mm TB, Whipple 624 kit (3.25pulley), Circle D 2c, VMP tune

2ytqm46.jpg

Last edited:

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Did you shift gears on the full pull on the dyno? Never heard of people doing that unless they were running the 1/4mile program.

Last edited by a moderator:

ebrow21

Established Member
Apologies, didn't know anyone replied to this thread.

Did you shift gears on the full pull on the dyno? Never heard of people doing that unless they were running the 1/4mile program.

I had a couple of reasons. I wanted to do a full 4th gear datalog; I wanted to see the general range the rpm fell to into fourth after the shift; and I didn't want to go 160+MPH on the street to try it. I shifted the car out myself..

Well the curly cue makes sense now...why did you let it shift?

The curly cue isn't the car shifting, its the torque converter locking up, as I mentioned in the O.P.

Users who are viewing this thread