Dyno Dave's this weekend??

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Alright, just called and spoke to Dave, told him we have 7 firm and 2 potential cars. He said he will still honor the $50 for two pulls but we must be all together. That has pretty much sorted itself out with you guys trending towards the 9am start on down. I wish Seanwr400 could have made it. Hate for the first dyno day to go down with this seeming frazzle

Going through this post I have scribbled down the schedule as I read it.

900 Mystick
930 03GoBlueCobra 4 pulls
1000 AFJuggalo81
1030 Blue03
1100 Whipplecharged Sonic
1130 Fresh03GT
1200 Focus
1230 T-Bone (tentative)

MidlifeC if you could work out switching or working with Mystick to trade for the 9am spot we will be at 9 cars. I am sure it will workout fine.

scratchy will not be there due to the clutch died today. I guess it did not like the 15 dyno pulls in the first 100 miles as part of it breakin. (Supposed to be 500 miles, no full throttle for CFDF breakin.) Whatever, it was fine yesterday after the dyno session and driving to the alignment shop. Doug took it for a drive and he said it slipped real bad on him. He got back to the shop and I had to do two full turns on the f/w adj to get any clutch feel back. I have not been exactly easy on it either. Fully planned on tossing the CFDF in favor of the new DFX anyway as soon as it was announced. I also have a bad header leak to fix, got to install the cats, Gords, hood props, I/C tank, new rear tires M/T Drag Radials, and drive shaft loop along with fuel pump floating ground issue.

Last edited:

Blue03

Established Member
Dave, props from me also on getting it turned around, I will be there. I'll try to get there around 10am in the event I can get on earlier but I am flexible so no problem either way. George, the mess is mopped up. You gonna come out fearless leader?? I guess we don't have to get Quad now :-D

seanwr400

Established Member
You guys planning on doing anything after the dyno? Wanted to get the car on the dyno, but am more bummed about not getting to meet some of you guys.

dougwg

Established Member
seanwr400 said:
You guys planning on doing anything after the dyno? Wanted to get the car on the dyno, but am more bummed about not getting to meet some of you guys.
come on out.... we'll be there :)

it always takes longer then expected

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Blue03 said:
...George, the mess is mopped up. You gonna come out fearless leader?? I guess we don't have to get Quad now :-D

Can't make it Rich...my son has a hockey game @ 11:30 in Bloomfield.

I'm done ranting and venting over the situation...sorry for being so pizzy...but I have very little tolerence for backpeddlers and story tellers. :fart:

I hope everything works out as well as it has in the past.

T.Bone

Established Member
I'm out also, I have checked all local parts stores for a 4080755 Gates or Gatorback Belt and no one has it. I am not in to the mail order thing, so I will be sticking to my current setup.

I will be up there to see everyone else make there pulls but no pulls for me.

Blue03

Established Member
Snakebite said:
Can't make it Rich...my son has a hockey game @ 11:30 in Bloomfield.

I'm done ranting and venting over the situation...sorry for being so pizzy...but I have very little tolerence for backpeddlers and story tellers. :fart:

I hope everything works out as well as it has in the past.

I'm just razzin' ya George. I am sure it will be good. We will see you at the next one!! Hey the Neon...er SRT-4 is going to be the HP champ anyways!! :)

mystick

Established Member
T-Bone said:
I'm out also, I have checked all local parts stores for a 4080755 Gates or Gatorback Belt and no one has it. I am not in to the mail order thing, so I will be sticking to my current setup.

I try to check my buddys dads shop to see if he has one but don't get your hopes up.

tim :idea:

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member

I looked for that belt size. Even called Goodyear, they don't make it anymore, so look for a gates. Probably gotta special order it.

seanwr400

Established Member
Try Monroe Rubber & Plastic Supply in Monroe MI. The phone # is 734-241-6996, they had mine in stock last time I needed one. Not sure if they are open Saturday though...

seanwr400

Established Member
Well, I got a flat on the F-350 this morning so I had to drivbe the Cobra into work. I am only 20 minutes from Dyno Dave's and I get out at 2 so I am going to swing by there after work and if I can get this pig on the dyno that would be great, if not hope to catch up to a few of you guys there.

Jpjr

Established Member
Wow, what a mess. I'm going to attempt to install a firewall adjuster/quadrant today so I probably can't make it, and my motor is unmodded anyway. got to make some part runs and need to shave down some mcmaster bushings i bought to use as spacers for the quadrant.

Users who are viewing this thread