dyno day

kobra

Established Member
Whent to the dyno today and got my car dynoed 1st run i got 424 hp and 479 torque 2nd pull i got 418 hp and 469 torque i also got some detenation with my predator pulley tune.I found out i had the upper pulley on backward and was wondering how much effect that would have had on my cars detenation problem?

kobra

Established Member
yeah it was at secret service had a great time.I have a 2. 81 pulley with 74 inch gates belt and upr aux pulley with predator pulley tune .I put the top pulley on backward and it wasnt entirely lined up right was causing my belt to wear.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Keith,

Can you post the dyno chart so we can see the AF numbers?

cbrtrx

Established Member
kobra, nice meeting you today, the pulley being backwords has no effect on detenation, that problem is in your tune. I would check your timming at wot around 6000rpm, you want to have about 23 degrees max timing if you have more just take some out till your car stops detanating also what are your airfuel numbers?

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Keith,

From what I have seen with predator problems a good portion of the pinging problems are from too much timing. I have the earlier model predator and I backed out 10% timing which was the maximum amount. That brought my car to about 23 degrees and change at WOT. You have the newer predator so you are able to make timing adjustments from 2000-4000 and then 4000 to redline. Try backing out 10% on both ranges. That should really help.

As far as the AF went was it less than 12:1 from 4000 to redline? E-mail the chart to me at [email protected]

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
I didn't get there until it was over. Oh well, still talked to the people that were still there...and messed around with an '03 Viper on my ride out. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread