Dyno in the area?

norrin302

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I have a buddy with an 89LX coming down from NYC this weekend. We were hoping to get his car dyno tuned (he just got a bunch of mods done) this weekend. Of course, my first thought was Hermann, but unfortunately he's been sick and wont' have the time. Does anybody know of a shop in the area that does dyno tunes on the weekend? Thanks in advance. :burnout:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
May want to try Chris at Excessive. He's in Manassas which is about 50 minutes from us, but does a real good job.

TRBO VNM

Fox body? if you don't mind driving up to PA, give Jon Lund a call and see if he is available. he has software and hardware setup to be able to tune the fox bodies just like OBD2 cars. still need to use a chip, but the software and adjustability options he has is very similar to the SCT software for OBD2.

I am not sure if Chris has that stuff or not. give them both a call. Jon's number is 610-500-9545 and he has a fox body himself.

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
Fox body? if you don't mind driving up to PA, give Jon Lund a call and see if he is available. he has software and hardware setup to be able to tune the fox bodies just like OBD2 cars. still need to use a chip, but the software and adjustability options he has is very similar to the SCT software for OBD2.

I am not sure if Chris has that stuff or not. give them both a call. Jon's number is 610-500-9545 and he has a fox body himself.

we have all that and then some :burnout:

i will not be around this weekend going on a road trip.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

we have all that and then some :burnout:

i will not be around this weekend going on a road trip.

good to know. :beer:

Jon does an awesome job, but I just wouldn't consider him to be in "the area". Wish he was closer.

Another decent tuner around Silver Spring is JJ at Woodbine Motorsports. He's only about 35 minutes from us. And I believe he recently got a dyno.

http://www.woodbinemotorsports.com/images.htm

well, "in the area" is a personal opinion. as important as tuning a car is, someone shouldn't be worried about having to travel for a quality job. And that is why I mentioned, "if you don't mind driving". hell, some people drive 10-15+ hours to go to their tuner. you drive up to Johnny.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
well, "in the area" is a personal opinion. as important as tuning a car is, someone shouldn't be worried about having to travel for a quality job. And that is why I mentioned, "if you don't mind driving". hell, some people drive 10-15+ hours to go to their tuner. you drive up to Johnny.
Sure do, but in my "personal opinion", I wouldn't consider JLP to be in the area. It's a 2+ hour drive up there for me, and Russ lives right around the corner.

If we want to expand the area, then Johnny Lightning Performance in Lancaster, Pa and SGS Automotive in Dillsbury, Pa would be two other excellent options that should be considered. We're fortunate that there are some great tuners in this area......Just not sure who's available on Saturday.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

I agree dwight, there are a lot of places to pick from around here and we are all very lucky with that. considering we can drive anywhere from 30min to 2 hrs and go to how many different states, my opinion is anything under a 3hr drive could be considered in the area.

I guess coming from florida and it taking 8hrs to drive and hit another state, I am spoiled now. lol

norrin302

Established Member
Thanks for all the info guys. I don't mind taking a trip for a good tune, but my buddy is only down for the weekend, so time is somewhat important. I'm gonna give some of your suggestions a call and we'll see what happens. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread