Dyno Numbers (2.80, 2lb, Port, etc...) untuned (LEAN!)

nuxx

Established Member
Well didn't hit the 500rwhp mark yet, but managed to get 500+ ftlbs easily. Weather was ~70 degrees in the shop @ 35% humidity.

Since the car was so lean, we didn't stay in it past 5.5k...

SAE numbers : 472.4rwhp / 520.3ftlbs
STD numbers : 488.3rwhp / 531.2ftlbs

04dyno09.jpg

af.jpg

So what do you think my numbers will be once I can get the car into the high 11s A/F straight across?

Car is being tuned Saturday @ 11am :)

-Peter

Last edited:

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by nuxx
Well didn't hit the 500rwhp mark yet, but managed to get 500+ ftlbs easily. Weather was ~70 degrees in the shop @ 35% humidity.

Since the car was so lean, we didn't stay in it past 5.5k...

SAE numbers : 472.4rwhp / 520.3ftlbs
STD numbers : 488.3rwhp / 531.2ftlbs

04dyno09.jpg

af.jpg

So what do you think my numbers will be once I can get the car into the high 11s A/F straight across?

Car is being tuned Saturday @ 11am :)

-Peter

I wonder why your numbers are so low??? well your tq is nice but your rwhp is horrible. hmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by 03Sssnake
Damn pete...nice trq numbers..where did you dyno?

I dynoed at Maxwell Dodge.

I'm sure the rwhp number is low, because I'm so lean over the whole RPM range. I'm sure once a tune is dialed in, I'll pick up lots of rwhp and lose some ftlbs.
-Peter

46stang

Established Member
that is scary lean man! especially on the bottom end. nice numbers but i would baby that thing until you get the tune done. my guestimate after you tune is another 10rwhp and 20 rwtq! adding fuel to the bottom end should get you some real good tq. looking forward to post tune results! congrats!
Leon

nuxx

Established Member
Here's my dyno of when I got retuned for the ported blower... as you can see the first run was lean (not as lean as this) and when some fuel was added a picked up a lot of rwhp and a few ftlbs... hopefully the same thing will happen this time.

04_tuned_dyno.jpg

-Peter

tickingcobra

Banned
Mods

Here's my dyno of when I got retuned for the ported blower... as you can see the first run was lean (not as lean as this) and when some fuel was added a picked up a lot of rwhp and a few ftlbs... hopefully the same thing will happen this time.

04_tuned_dyno.jpg

-Peter
What are your Mods?

nuxx

Established Member
LFP Ported Eaton, Steeda 2.80 Pulley, LFP 2lb lower, Steeda Tensioner, Steeda CAI, Steeda Tri-ax, Accufab TB, LFP Heat Exchanger, Bassani Catted Xpipe, Borla XR1s, FR500 rear Xpipe, SPEC Stage III clutch, NGKTR6s, Diablo Flip Chip w/ Murillo tune, Steeda Clutch Kit, 77" Gatorback, BFG G-Force KDWs 285s

For the graph you quoted, I didn't have the 2# lower pulley on... the 2# lower graph is the one at the top of the page.
-Peter

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by 03Sssnake
you forgot the fuzzy dice

Yeah I didn't list my bling mods ;-)

Lance - I don't plan on doing any WOT runs, ESP to higher RPM... I did slip a few days ago when I raced the SL600, but it was hot outside, so it probably wasn't too bad. Partial throttle low boost is all my car will see until Saturday :dw:

-Peter

PARALYZER

Unatural Aspirations
Established Member
I am getting my car dynoed Friday. What is the optimum ratio? What number DON'T I want to go below?

garyhigh

Established Member
I dynoed at Maxwell Dodge.

I'm sure the rwhp number is low, because I'm so lean over the whole RPM range. I'm sure once a tune is dialed in, I'll pick up lots of rwhp and lose some ftlbs.
-Peter

Running on the lean side actually increases HP. You will loose a few HP at 11.5:1. It's the price you pay for a "safe" tune.

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by garyhigh
Running on the lean side actually increases HP. You will loose a few HP at 11.5:1. It's the price you pay for a "safe" tune.

Not true... look at my last dyno, I was really lean on the first run, after tunning and bringing the AF down, I picked up 20 or so RWHP.
-Peter

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Not true... look at my last dyno, I was really lean on the first run, after tunning and bringing the AF down, I picked up 20 or so RWHP.
-Peter

Usually true....are you sure that you did not adjust the timing and that is why you picked up 20 or so????

That is why people have race and street tunes.

street=rich and less timing
race=leaner and more timing.

If I was going to guess... they probably riched it up some and gave you more timing......IMO

Last edited:

nuxx

Established Member
No timing was added between those two dynos. Each was at 22 degrees.
-Peter

drkchk03svt

Established Member
No timing was added between those two dynos. Each was at 22 degrees.
-Peter

hmmmmm odd. I guess there is a first for everything.

Let us know after the tune!

Last edited:

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by drkchk03svt
hmmmmm odd. I guess there is a first for everything.

Let us know after the tune!

Ofcourse I will.

I thought anything over 12.5 started taking away power in these cars? Espically if it's extremely lean in the lower RPM range to start. Wouldn't the car pull timing in the higher RPM range if the AF was too lean?
-Peter

Last edited:

Established Member
Yeah,
The car will pull timing when you start to run really lean. And you are running really lean. I can almost gaurantee you'll gain some more power after the tune. Good luck and keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread