Dyno numbers after predator install

terrydf

Established Member
Today I installed the predator performace tune, and made some adjustments to the fuel base. I achieved a fairly flat A/F at 11.9. and got good increases in HP and TQ up the whole RPM band. My question relates to the "Max" increases and today's temp. My previous run on the dyno (it has been the same dyno each time) was at 58F, and today's was at 88.1F. I'm wondering how much the +30F cost me in HP and TQ output? See sig for details. Is there a way of computing the amount of power/tq is lost due to heat?

LCCOBRA

Established Member
What was your mods with the predator tune? looks like just a cai/catback and predator tune. Can you post the dyno sheets? Looks like you gained +20 HP or so

terrydf

Established Member
I'll try to get the dyno sheet from today posted. The results in my sig show each mod followed by the dyno results - in order. Is that what you are lookign for?

terrydf

Established Member
The dyno sheet from today:

Dynorun12RO.jpg

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Temp plays a major factor with these cars.. At 60F, you may have had like an extra 1/2 to whole LB of boost. SAE corrects for a lot of things, but can't tell you about a drop in boost. If you go back when it's 40, your numbers will jump.

A/F looks good, and TQ is high and smooth, looks good.. ...

now, go get that mid pipe and

PULLEY!

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
How much flexibility does the Predator give you to adjust the a/f ratio? Can you simply tell the predator what a/f you want and it takes care of achieving it?

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I was seeing 12lbs of boost with the stock pulley in 5 degree weather. I even ripped the tires loose at 70mph in 3rd gear. 30 degrees plays a huge difference. I'll bet it cost you about 10hp. I dynoed last week in just below 80 degree temps, with stingers/steeda cai/custom dyno tune, and made 436rwhp. I'll bet half of our difference is because I had a custom tune, and the rest is due to it being 10 degrees warmer and maybe even more humid for you.

terrydf

Established Member
Dave, The predator (Cobra version) allowed me to make incremental adjustments to two fuel ranges: 2K to 4K RPM, and 4K to 7K RPM. It's kinda screwey though, because there was not a direct correspondence between the indicator on the predator and the A/F being measured while on the dyno. The tune out of the box for the predator was rich, and it posted little in gains. The A/F it developed was way lean up till 5k and way fat after. We watched the ratio closely during testing, because at one point it was in the mid thirteens - UNDER BOOST... That made me nervous. I can understand why guys (like 03gobluecobra) with custom tunes get more power. I believe I achieved a flat A/F at about 11.9 mostly by dumb luck. I WOULD NOT recommend tweaking your A/F WITHOUT monitoring it all along the way...

Last edited:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I just got the Predetor and will install the Performance Tune this weekend in the parking lot of the dyno shop. My advantage though, is I also have a MAFterburner so I can tweak my A/F in 400RPM increments in compliment to the Predetor. Your A/F looks pretty darn good considering the limited range you had to work with. Next will be the install of my 2.93 pulley I have had for quite some time...

Congrats,
Dan

trey193

Established Member
Very nice numbers and A/F looks great, the heat will cost you some power no doubt!! U have a very strong car for no pulley.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Thanks terrydf your #'s look good. Were did you buy your predator, i'll problie end up going with RWTD.

Last edited:

terrydf

Established Member
I bought it through my local tuner/dyno shop in Tacoma Wa - turbo technology. They get it from Granetelli I think. I was charged $375.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread