Dyno numbers are in with 2.76, quite low

Blakers01GT

Established Member
Mod's are in my Sig, put down 444/465 running a little lean. He added some fuel and got me to 437/455. It was about 85-90* outside today and everyone else was pulling about the same with similar mods. But I do see most people with my mods put down more then me. The last time on that Dyno I put down 406/381 with just catback/FIPK. It was considerably cooler out because it was in the fall.

Is this something where I should wait till it's about 60-70* out or are these numbers about right? Seem low to me, and how much would a mid pipe help me? I know the 04 Cobra's cats are bigger, any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Cobra Nate

Banned
On my third pull a couple weeks ago I hit 445/456 SAE.

Same mods as you pretty much.

I started a little lower than the numbers above and got better each time as adjustments were made, so 445/456 seemed good to me considering the car was pretty hot by the third pull.

I was tuned by Jeff S at his shop a couple days after the dyno day with Rick from Amazon. He told me Dan had similar numbers as me after a few pulls then let his car cool down and dynoed again around midnight when the air was cooler and obviously his car had cooled down. He gained 12-15 hp/tq. So, yeah, outside temps and letting ur car cool down play a big part.

What matters is how you drive it and how you like the additional power from the pulley swap...if you want higher dyno numbers then wait till the middle of winter in WI and set up a dyno outside ;-)

Ur numbers are very normal considering the elements.

PS my timing was at 19.5 and A/F just under 12. (91 Octane gas)

Blakers01GT

Established Member
Cobra Nate said:
On my third pull a couple weeks ago I hit 445/456 SAE.

What matters is how you drive it and how you like the additional power from the pulley swap...if you want higher dyno numbers then wait till the middle of winter in WI and set up a dyno outside ;-)

Ur numbers are very normal considering the elements.

PS my timing was at 19.5 and A/F just under 12. (91 Octane gas)

:lol: Yeah, I hear ya, I got my nitto's in the garage, gotta get my MGW shifter and bracket from billet flow and then I'm off to the track. Yeah I was expecting better numbers but the SOTP rating is A+ :coolman:

Machinator

Banned
The whole problem is the stock midpipe, you will gain 20rwhp, what you are doing by keeping the stock midpipe and cats is choking the motor with excess heat and back pressure. Get a set of longtube headers and high flow midpipe and you will see and feel great results! Good luck!

Cobra Nate

Banned
Machinator said:
The whole problem is the stock midpipe, you will gain 20rwhp, what you are doing by keeping the stock midpipe and cats is choking the motor with excess heat and back pressure. Get a set of longtube headers and high flow midpipe and you will see and feel great results! Good luck!

Problem with that is you'll lose low end torque. The stock mid pipe aint that bad.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I don't think its the midpipe. From my experiences the stock midpipe flows pretty good. I talked to Rick at Amazon about this and he said that these cars like the backpressure that the cats produce. I'd get a high flow catted x if anything. Whats the a/f and timing like?

Grey03

Established Member
Skip the longtubes, they are not worth the time and $$$$. I wouldn't worry to much about the numbers, all cars are different and weather has a big effect on the dyno. It is more important that you have a safe A/F, after that I would take it to the track and see how she runs.

bnglcat

Established Member
Blakers01GT said:
Mod's are in my Sig, put down 444/465 running a little lean. He added some fuel and got me to 437/455. It was about 85-90* outside today and everyone else was pulling about the same with similar mods. But I do see most people with my mods put down more then me. The last time on that Dyno I put down 406/381 with just catback/FIPK. It was considerably cooler out because it was in the fall.

Is this something where I should wait till it's about 60-70* out or are these numbers about right? Seem low to me, and how much would a mid pipe help me? I know the 04 Cobra's cats are bigger, any input would be appreciated, thanks.

With my mods nearly identical with you, I put down 434/457 SAE a couple weeks ago. It was 96 at the time. I believe I am around 20 or 21* timing and the A/F was 11.7-12.2 through the entire pull. I showed my numbers to the tuner and he leaned it up 3% I believe, but I haven't put that tune in yet. But, none the less, I was very disappointed as well. I look forward to checking in cooler temps, and then again after I swap the midpipe. Another guy with a 2.8 put down 458 and the only diff was he had a bassani midpipe.

jk03cobra

Established Member
Hey Blake,
Well my numbers today were also lower than what I expected. I ended up with 434/440. This is with the 2.93 pulley and same other mods as you. All in all,everyone seemed to be getting about the same numbers even after you left today. I think it was just the damn hot weather. I have to agree with what you said about the feel of the car though, it feels much faster than before the pulley so I'm happy.
Nice to meet you today too. I'm sure I'll see you at some more events. :beer:

Joe

Blakers01GT said:

maddrabitt

Established Member
Ive seen people pick up in the neighborhood of about 15-20 rwhp on pullied cobras by switching to an aftermarket midpipe. On the other hand, Ive also seen a ported blower + pulley car put down 5xx rwhp with a stock mid pipe. Guess every car is different, but Id say youd pick up some of your missing ponies by going with an aftermarket x pipe

Blakers01GT

Established Member
jk03cobra said:
Hey Blake,
Well my numbers today were also lower than what I expected. I ended up with 434/440. This is with the 2.93 pulley and same other mods as you. All in all,everyone seemed to be getting about the same numbers even after you left today. I think it was just the damn hot weather. I have to agree with what you said about the feel of the car though, it feels much faster than before the pulley so I'm happy.
Nice to meet you today too. I'm sure I'll see you at some more events. :beer:

Joe

Yeah, Bottom line is my car feels super strong, so it will come down to what I can do at the track. Joe, Nice meeting you as well, When the weather cools down I'm gonna head back to the dyno just for the hell of it to see how much the weather had to do with it, I'll let ya know :thumbsup:

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
I think your numbers are fine considering the heat. Look for 10-20 more hp when it cools off outside. Also, stick with the same dyno. Stick with the same dyno for tuning purposes, don't try to chase numbers. I say your right on track !

jk03cobra

Established Member
Sounds like a good plan. I'd also like to run mine one more time in a little cooler weather just for comparison.

Blakers01GT said:
Yeah, Bottom line is my car feels super strong, so it will come down to what I can do at the track. Joe, Nice meeting you as well, When the weather cools down I'm gonna head back to the dyno just for the hell of it to see how much the weather had to do with it, I'll let ya know :thumbsup:

moddedmystic

Established Member
Those numbers seem low to me. I have almost the same mods as you do and on june 20th in about the same heat with 87 percent humidity and barometric pressure of 29, I put down 457RWHP and 480 RWTQ (dynojet).I have to imagine you need a better tune.IMO :beer:

Cheers, Mark

Users who are viewing this thread