Dyno numbers are in !

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
I doubt anyone who can afford a 150,000 dollar carcares that much about insurance costs, they obviously have the money.

BCM0018

Established Member
What difference is 65 or a 100 horses going to make on insurance costs its already a expensive, fast car. I also think we should just wait for someone to get a hold of a real production GT. I have seen it run mid 11's to 12's in the quarter. They are just test muels so not one of them is going to be alike.

hj16

Established Member
Whats funny is that this beast is only running 12psi too. Pulley that bitch to 21psi, tune, fuel system upgrades, exhaust, and hello 775rwhp :D

bobby1

Established Member
The h/p has NOT changed from ford!! 500 is it! Why not end all the h/p wars and the factories will all come out with 1000 h/p cars weighing 2500 lbs. :lol: :beer: :coolman:

Paul Vincent

Established Member
Let your Dodge buddy talk (do take notes for later). When the GT is released, we will await your updated post (I'm sure your buddy will be in for a real surprise).

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
The Viper wasn't tested at the same time as the Gt- they used a previous test for the viper, it was in the mailbag section of their latest issue- they use past times when events "transpire against them" so that comparison is really only hearsay anyways- if it isnt the same day same track it really means nothing to compare them- you would think they would at least say they didnt actually run the viper, instead of misleading everyone. Well see when actual production cars come out I guess.

mk2001c

Established Member
Originally posted by E. Green Cobra
The Viper wasn't tested at the same time as the Gt- they used a previous test for the viper, it was in the mailbag section of their latest issue- they use past times when events "transpire against them" so that comparison is really only hearsay anyways- if it isnt the same day same track it really means nothing to compare them- you would think they would at least say they didnt actually run the viper, instead of misleading everyone. Well see when actual production cars come out I guess.

Agree 100%. I was very disappointed MT used numbers from different locations on that comparison let alone the fact they didn't highlight that point in the article.

Vic

Established Member
The GT is a cut above the Viper, it's more exotic, sleeker, quicker while stock, and more exclusive. Not to mention top speed domination. Eventually, Viper owners will admit those facts, or else they will have to resort to childish tactics like "Yeah, well, if I put a supercharger on my Viper, it will beat the GT" Or the classic, "My cousin has a friend, who has a buddy who knows someone, that has a twin-turbo, nitrous-injected (Insert brand X car here) that turns low 7s in the 1/4, that will kick a GT's butt all day long", yada, yada, yada. Make up your own sour grapes response, but you get the picture. Guys just naturally rationalize their position, using the old power-vs-cost defense. A Yugo with a rocket strapped to the back may be faster than anything you can buy off the showroom floor, but no one cares!

I may s/c my GTS, but it still isn't "all that" next to the GT. Personally, I'd love to park the GT next to my GTS in the garage. Hope they won't fight at night!

footnote- The next Viper coupe may have quite a bit more hp, according to rumors, and maybe just plain wishes. But SRT did put a 625 hp carbon fiber show car on the pedestal at the 2003 SEMA show. "If you build it, they will come"

Crazy times for car nuts, maybe these are the best times in all of automotive history.

Last edited:

95_XB331

Established Member
Excellent #'s, but hate to ask (spoil the party): at what boost level was that achieved and weather conditions (cold air == good boost == good HP)?
Heck, they can probably push 600whp with nothing but pulley changes & exhaust--very easy to sneak in ;)

Also, I think the 12% drivetrain loss maybe more like <10% since the transaxle is basically integrated with the tranny--less parasitic drag...

In_the_know

Established Member
FYI everyone.... 560 HP at 70 deg F

What do you think it does when temp. is colder????????

PS. This car drives great.

fordification

Established Member
There now guessing a higher hp figure for after break-in. Also after considering it will out run the Merc SLR and Carrera GT which is lighter with more power.

Koolaid_Guy

Originally posted by fordification
There now guessing a higher hp figure for after break-in. Also after considering it will out run the Merc SLR and Carrera GT which is lighter with more power.

Yup, cars 3 times as much gettin beat by a ford :D Gotta love it, wonder what those guys will say when the GT driver is waving as it drives by them :loser:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Originally posted by Vic
The GT is a cut above the Viper, it's more exotic, sleeker, quicker while stock, and more exclusive. Not to mention top speed domination. Eventually, Viper owners will admit those facts!

I may s/c my GTS, but it still isn't "all that" next to the GT.

Vic, w/out even ever having met you, I have a lot of respect for you since you've made those statements despite owning a Viper yourself. My hat's off to you for your classy post.

Unfortunately I can't afford a Viper nor a Gt, but I only wish that someday I can atleast drive a GT for one day, or even simply get one hairy ride in one. From the videos I've seen of that car, it has become my favorite car of all time.

Thanks again for your post Vic. Those are quite a set of statements coming from a Viper owner. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread