Dyno numbers = everything

ExpatMedic

Slowpoke
Established Member
Since we all know dyno numbers are the single most important factor in determining how fast a car is...

Identical cars, identical mods, identical dyno numbers (622rwhp vs. 620rwhp) w/ different dyno brands and different tuners.

[youtube_browser]RDiAAqSg2KQ[/youtube_browser]

ExpatMedic

Slowpoke
Established Member
looks like the other needs to see your tuner

He introduced me to my current tuner, then left him for his current. His current tuner is good and very meticulous, so I'm sure they'll figure it out....well, hopefully not figure ALL of it out, lol.

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
yea thats a bit strange...its like the other one had something pulling it backwards. I would want my money back.

94venomV8

Established Member
Damn, I need 2 more hp!

I chuckled!:beer:

WHy does your sig say 638hp? Did it have 622 on this race or was that not correct in the sig? And like some said dynos lie a lot. My old race car when I finished it read almost 30hp low on motor compared to a very reputable tuners dyno. Most people said this dyno read lower but I thought 30hp off was pretty ridiculous. And my 1/4 mph was back the hp claim up so I knew it wasnt right.

ExpatMedic

Slowpoke
Established Member
I chuckled!:beer:

WHy does your sig say 638hp? Did it have 622 on this race or was that not correct in the sig? And like some said dynos lie a lot. My old race car when I finished it read almost 30hp low on motor compared to a very reputable tuners dyno. Most people said this dyno read lower but I thought 30hp off was pretty ridiculous. And my 1/4 mph was back the hp claim up so I knew it wasnt right.

I've pulled timing since I made that sig due to KR from high IAT's and summer heat. Waiting till I install the cat delete and cam before we attempt adding it back.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
The same thing can happen when comparing two cars that ran the same track numbers, but at different tracks, different weather, etc. That said, some dyno operators are just plain shady.

Good kill :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread