Dyno numbers

19chrome98

Established Member
So i finally had everything installed and tuned. The mods are 127 JLT, 72 L&M TB, IW 10%, ARH long tubes with off road H pipe and some mild bullet racing cams that didnt require a spring change. Timing is set at 16.5 on 91 pump gas and stock plugs regapped at .032, fuel pumps are maxed at the top and now contemplating switching to E85. Any comments, questions or advise are always welcome, still learning my way around this car. Thanks guys

0428840b-93f1-41a3-a3a2-bb0af15499f6_zps8431b51e.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Pic not showing but clicking it works, 750rwhp/718rwtq sounds good.
I just wonder if the cams gave up some torque? Seems lower than other TVS cars recently.
I'd love to hear the cams!
Not sure why the fuel would be maxed out.
How does it run?

rancid

Established Member
Pic not showing but clicking it works, 750rwhp/718rwtq sounds good.
I just wonder if the cams gave up some torque? Seems lower than other TVS cars recently.
I'd love to hear the cams!
Not sure why the fuel would be maxed out.
How does it run?

Agreed, something seems a tad off for the mods. I'd love to hear the cams as well, how is the idle and drivability with the setup?

19chrome98

Established Member
Thats the first thing that i asked my tuner also, the answer he gave me was that on 91 pump gas 16.5 degrees of timing was as far as we could go. I dont think he knew either which makes me wonder now, it drives good but it has a bit of a hanging idle which he worked on it while i was there but still not right, he said the cams were to blame. As far as the pumps being maxed, i spoke to Van a few weeks ago when i bought the headers from him, he said i would be on the border of needing a BAP. There is another forum member that has a similar setup to mine, here is the link to his thread http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ats-breaking-point.html?highlight=bullet+cams only diffrence is he is on 93 pump and 2.4 upper pulley and his torque is crazy high compared to mine.

Last edited:

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Agreed, something seems a tad off for the mods. I'd love to hear the cams as well, how is the idle and drivability with the setup?

He's running a conservative timing curve for 91octane. And Canoga Park is 800ft above sea level from what I'm seeing... Those are good numbers for a conservative tune in that elevation. Nothing is off.

19chrome98

Established Member
nice. What are the specs on the cams and what is the cost involved in getting these installed?
The cams were $1200 from lethal and $1500 to install, here isd a pic of the spec card

001_zpsb335be3b.jpg

Was a baseline dyno run done before the mods/tune?
No but i had it on 2 diffrent dynos about 2 months ago and it put down 595hp and 596tq on similar conditions then a week later with only diffrence was airaid filter she put down 604hp and 609tq

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
He's running a conservative timing curve for 91octane. And Canoga Park is 800ft above sea level from what I'm seeing... Those are good numbers for a conservative tune in that elevation. Nothing is off.

I agree, I was just commenting that the torque is lower and the HP higher than we've been seeing recently with stock cams.
I'd suspect the cams for that swap, VERY nice to see 750rwhp on conservative timing on 91 :rockon:

For reference, looking at the 93 numbers/stock cams:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2013-14-shelby-gt500-413/1001198-power-hour-does-again.html
-J

mike69440

Established Member
Just what are you looking for?

The cams were $1200 from lethal and $1500 to install, here isd a pic of the spec card

001_zpsb335be3b.jpg

No but I had it on 2 diffrent dynos about 2 months ago and it put down 595hp and 596tq on similar conditions then a week later with only diffrence was airaid filter she put down 604hp and 609tq

Just my 2 Cents follow.
The Cams you installed are mild cams, very mild cams. The CAMS are 4.6L cams. I bet your long stroke motor tames those cams down to where they are much more lumpy than stock.
All in all, a good choice.

You have a 91 octane tune. Mine is a 93. When I have to run 91 octane I have to drive like a driving school instuctor.

The HP/torque curve shape are sweet. Power should feel good anywhere in the rev. range.

750 RWHP is nothing to sneeze at.

You have not ported the heads or are running extreem boost,

Get the driveability issues fine tuned and quite modding or you will build something better on the track than street.

Focus on traction and see where you are at. Consider 3.73's

Last edited:

19chrome98

Established Member
Just my 2 Cents follow.
The Cams you installed are mild cams, very mild cams. The CAMS are 4.6L cams. I bet your long stroke motor tames those cams down to where they are much more lumpy than stock.
All in all, a good choice.

You have a 91 octane tune. Mine is a 93. When I have to run 91 octane I have to drive like a driving school instuctor.

The HP/torque curve shape are sweet. Power should feel good anywhere in the rev. range.

750 RWHP is nothing to sneeze at.

You have not ported the heads or are running extreem boost,

Get the driveability issues fine tuned and quite modding or you will build something better on the track than street.

Focus on traction and see where you are at. Consider 3.73's

I already have Van's full rear BMR suspension so since i need a BAP anyway, i was thinking of buying the ID 1000 and converting to E85. Also maybe a smaller upper pulley since im only at 16#'s peak and tapers down to 14.5#'s by 4700 rpm all the way to the top.

Users who are viewing this thread