dyno numbers?

matty

Established Member
what do 03's dyno at?
does intake and exhaust give u any benefit...i knwo that with chips and pulleys they are monsters but just curious how they are in lightly modded form.

Matty
94 rx7

JSHTROD

Established Member
Originally posted by matty
what do 03's dyno at?
does intake and exhaust give u any benefit...i knwo that with chips and pulleys they are monsters but just curious how they are in lightly modded form.

Matty
94 rx7

Stock, ~365rwhp.

CAI and Exhaust will add 35rwhp, putting you near 400rwhp.

See sig for chip/pulley numbers.

matty

Established Member
what kind of 1/4 time for intake and exhaust? tks for the help by the way.
i raced my buddies 03 last nigth..just curious.

Last edited:

03phil

Established Member
1/4 mile times depend greatly on the driver and how well the track is prepped. But usually in the mid 12s with exhaust and CAI and a average driver

matty

Established Member
Originally posted by 03phil
1/4 mile times depend greatly on the driver and how well the track is prepped. But usually in the mid 12s with exhaust and CAI and a average driver
yeah i hear you...and that makes sense.

JSHTROD

Established Member
what kind of 1/4 time for intake and exhaust? tks for the help by the way.
i raced my buddies 03 last nigth..just curious.

How did you do?

:-D

matty

Established Member
Originally posted by JSHTROD
How did you do?

:-D
well the guy is on here....and i dont want to go posting wins on his board...but i won. We raced 3 times from 20, 30, 35..it was good races though. i usually run 12.2ish @ 116 mph on street tires...i would guess that with slicks i would be in 11s pretty easily considering that with my tires i only get 2.0x 60 ' times.
gonna race a z06 this weekend....i would bet that the outcome would be very similar as his times are usually mid 12s.
edit : i would have searched but for some reason tis been down for a couple of days

Last edited:

JSHTROD

Established Member
well the guy is on here....and i dont want to go posting wins on his board...but i won. We raced 3 times from 20, 30, 35..it was good races though. i usually run 12.2ish @ 116 mph on street tires...i would guess that with slicks i would be in 11s pretty easily considering that with my tires i only get 2.0x 60 ' times.
gonna race a z06 this weekend....i would bet that the outcome would be very similar as his times are usually mid 12s.
edit : i would have searched but for some reason tis been down for a couple of days

Once he gets chipped/pullied, watch out. It's gonna be a REALLY good race.

:beer:

Good Kill.

:burnout:

matty

Established Member
Originally posted by JSHTROD
Once he gets chipped/pullied, watch out. It's gonna be a REALLY good race.

:beer:

Good Kill.

:burnout:
i think he will win then....and he ordered some stuff today. all the more reason to go single and port the motor:shrug:

Last edited:

killerstanger

Established Member
You said the terminator gains about 35rwhp from exaust and intake. by that do you mean the catback or just the mufflers. Because I just bought the 40 series american thunder flowmaster
mufflers and installed them and i havent hauled to test it on the butt dyno but i didnt think i would gain anything besides sound. Oh and by the way my idle changed since then it seems a little unsteady when im just chillin at idle, because of just mufflers should i reset and let the computer relearn the system.

03DarkShadow

Established Member
I just dynoed my 04 w/ only a CAI and cat-backand she put down 416 hp and 380 lb-ft. I was pleased to say the least considering my last 03 put down 395hp w/ same mods.

matty

Established Member
here is a good one:
what wins a stock Z06 or a cobra with cai and exhaust? from a roll?

Established Member
Stock Z06. Even though the Cobra puts down more rwhp with just CAI and catback wieght is very hard to overcome. But and a chip and pulley I'll put my money on the Cobra.
By the way nice RX-7 you have there. I've raced a single turbo RX-7 on the freeway and we were neck and neck from 60-120.

Last edited:

matty

Established Member
Originally posted by 7168548
Stock Z06. Even though the Cobra puts down more rwhp with just CAI and catback wieght is very hard to overcome. But and a chip and pulley I'll put my money on the Cobra.

oh yeah def with chip and pulley. wow i am shocked at your response though. i didnt think the z06 was that fast.

Users who are viewing this thread