dyno numbers!

Stupercharged

Established Member
532whp and 580wtq! afr was 10.5-10.8 from 3k on up. boost was 17lbs with longtubes and cats. mods are in sig. looking on here at others with 2.3 blowers my numbers seem a bit low? most are making closer to 600? any suggestions on ways to make more power?

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
Why is it too rich? I think thats good for the street. I made 560hp and 644tq same boost. with my KB 2.3

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Yes VERY rich... but not bad, its a start, little tweaking and you might be surprised.

Stupercharged

Established Member
so what do you guys recommend for timing on these trucks for the street with 91 octane?
i plan to get it retuned a little leaner and i didnt ask my tuner what timing was at either. and is 17psi about the limit for 91 octane? i wana be in the high 500's if not in the low 600's... any suggestions on how to get there w/o NOS or meth or anything like that? its got everything on it already heads cams built motor kenne bell 2.3? what else can i do for more?

blackmagicmach

The PoPo
Established Member
so what do you guys recommend for timing on these trucks for the street with 91 octane?
i plan to get it retuned a little leaner and i didnt ask my tuner what timing was at either. and is 17psi about the limit for 91 octane? i wana be in the high 500's if not in the low 600's... any suggestions on how to get there w/o NOS or meth or anything like that? its got everything on it already heads cams built motor kenne bell 2.3? what else can i do for more?

lean it out, find out what the timing is, add more boost cause your heads and cams and long tubes have dropped the total amount of boost down. your breathing really well but you have to try and see about getting more air in. take the cats off. But defiantly fix that A/F, 11.5-11.8 you'll be fine their...

Stupercharged

Established Member
i just wana run into detonation issues so im wondering how much boost i can run safely on 91. do these trucks have knock sensors? if its safe to up the boost on 91 octane without detonation ill do it in a heartbeat but safety first haha

RMoore92

Established Member
Best bet is to start out with leaning it out and see how it likes the timing then you can bump that up slowly and watch for pinging and detonation.

If you start bumping that up to about 20 psi or more your gonna need higher octane to support the boost.

I hope your not taking your truck to ADC..

LSUstang05

Established Member
Why is it too rich? I think thats good for the street. I made 560hp and 644tq same boost. with my KB 2.3

under 11.0 is WAY rich. You want to be around 11.5-11.9. The closer to 12 the better for power but a little more risky. I wouldn't go further than 11.9 unless you REALLY trust your tuner. I know I have a flat 11.9 A/F Ratio curve.

Stupercharged

Established Member
RMoore92 - who is ADC?

and ill be shooting for around 11.5 afr just to be safe. probably get it retuned next friday when i get paid. guess ill check timing maybe add a little and hope leaning it out some gets me some decent gains! guess all thats left is to upgrade the blower to the 2.6 now haha

RMoore92

Established Member
RMoore92 - who is ADC?

and ill be shooting for around 11.5 afr just to be safe. probably get it retuned next friday when i get paid. guess ill check timing maybe add a little and hope leaning it out some gets me some decent gains! guess all thats left is to upgrade the blower to the 2.6 now haha

Arizona Dyno Chip. Don't go there. PSR is the way to go.

Stupercharged

Established Member
PSR is actually a bit of a drive for me so i just head to dynocomp. they did great with my cobra and im sure when they get to tuning my L itll be the same thing. how much boost are you guys running that are making high 500's low 600's? i have everything i need so maybe its all in the tune? i didnt think a tune would make a 60whp difference tho.

RMoore92

Established Member
PSR is actually a bit of a drive for me so i just head to dynocomp. they did great with my cobra and im sure when they get to tuning my L itll be the same thing. how much boost are you guys running that are making high 500's low 600's? i have everything i need so maybe its all in the tune? i didnt think a tune would make a 60whp difference tho.

I've been to dynocomp before but the guy didn't want to touch my Ford =/

And they don't use a Dynojet and some crazy weird 4 wheel small roller dyno, maybe your numbers are just off.

Stupercharged

Established Member
thats weird they had no problem with my cobra or my lightning and the do a lot of gt500's actually? ya they said because its a 4-wheel drive dyno it reads conservative so maybe thats just it? o well im still happy!

Users who are viewing this thread