Dyno queens or Traction problems? Vettes vs cobras (video)

Rambro

Established Member
Hate to say it but 03 cobras are slow for the power. I had one and even with 600 plus at the wheels it was a joke compared to a cam only c6z06 and than the ported heads, intake and 200 shot came. Even without the nitrous the car is in a different league. Same applies to gt500's other than the 13.

Probably the most accurate thing I've ever read on the internets.

t01lightning

Established Member
I really wish car companys would offer true base models that shed 300 pounds or just did not have as many creature comfots. I also watched that 1000 rear wheel 6 speed cobra hooking up and still getting pulled by gtr's with less power and yes I know they shift super fast lol. Bang for the buck if you do not need a back seat picking up an 05 6speed vette or 06 auto vette is just a better bang for the buck. Better ride, interior comfort, handling, and mpg if you drive it daily. Not. Any cars get a true 28-30 mpg cruising 70 ish and I hate how good cammed Lsx motors sound. 03 04 cobra market is still pretty high in price which is great for owners but as a person always in the market for something different it's not enough bang for my buck.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Hate to say it but 03 cobras are slow for the power. I had one and even with 600 plus at the wheels it was a joke compared to a cam only c6z06 and than the ported heads, intake and 200 shot came. Even without the nitrous the car is in a different league. Same applies to gt500's other than the 13.

I will agree the average terminator leaves a lot to be desired.. But my experiences dont line up with most the videos i have seen.

I duno I guess it's becuase my car had solid axle, tubular front, and no spare.

I mainly made this thread to decide if i want another 03/04 cobra one day or a grand sport vette with decked out ls3

t01lightning

Established Member
I will agree the average terminator leaves a lot to be desired.. But my experiences dont line up with most the videos i have seen.

I duno I guess it's becuase my car had solid axle, tubular front, and no spare.

I mainly made this thread to decide if i want another 03/04 cobra one day or a grand sport vette with decked out ls3

Awesome vid Brotha, sorry if it seemed hijacked. I really think that white ls3 stalled vette that has been posted on here with the weld rts is the best example of a clean low mod setup and just sounds nasty. Unfortunately I have two little ones who love the sound of muscle cars so I need a back seat if they want to ride at the same time. If I decide on two seats it will be an 03-06 viper.

Users who are viewing this thread