Dyno results for #154

griffined

SVT driver
A group of local Mustangers went down to Apex Motorsports today for dyno runs. My R is stock, with no mods. The SAE corrected values for my three runs were

Run 1 Max Power 341.5 Max Torque 351.0

Run 2 Max Power 340.2 Max Torque 351.5

Run 3 Max Power 343.8 Max Torque 352.8

I'm trying to get the printouts scanned in, but for the moment I'm happy with what I got.

There was a 03 Cobra with only a 3" custom x pipe after the stock cats, and Spin Tech mufflers that hit 390 SAE power.

:D

Andy M

Established Member
Great!

This is about normal for a stock R. You can expect to get around 370+ HP and about 375-380+ torque if you change the exhaust in favor of the hiflow Bassani setup, and a chip.

griffined

SVT driver
Here's the three runs. Yes, this is about what I exoected, and what the FAQ says a stock R should have. I already spoke to Bill about the Bassani exhaust upgrade, and a dyno tuned chip. I think I'll do this after the first of next year, when my finances have recovered from buying this car, and paying the sales tax, and getting the tires.:)

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
I'd love to have those no.'s. Question--I saw some dynos of '00R's that the mags got a hold of, the one I remember was 372rwhp and 385rwtq, was this just a ringer? I 've also heard it said that the 5.4's were actually about 425hp as opposed to the 385 factory rating, is this just differences in dynos/weather conditions? The lowest I ever saw of a r dynoing was like 360ish. What has everyone else gotten?

Users who are viewing this thread