Dyno results. Well pleased. AED tune, Lethal X, and Steeda CAI

stags

Established Member
TLDR: AED tunes are
straight up monsters

My local group had dyno day a few weeks ago and wanted to share the numbers for reference. Car put down 412 hp/ 376 tq. Pulls done in 5th gear. Pump 93 and a bit of torco to ensure bad gas didn't cause the ecu to pull timing. Steeda CAI, Lethal off-road X, and an AED tune are my only power mods. I can't speak to DA but it was a hot humid muggy Tennessee summer day.

I have to say that I am super happy with the results considering the other cars that were there. For those who want same dyno same day comparisons eat your heart out. All pulls same day same dyno over the course of maybe 3 hrs.

The only N/A car with better numbers was an AED tuned car with a boss mani, airaid CAI and same x pipe.

My car put down significantly more power (read 10+ more) than a) a stock mani and off-road H car with an Airaid intake tuned by another well respected shop and b) a cobra jet mani car with off-road x tuned by a mass market shop. I don't want to post true numbers for other ppl or the names of the other tuners involved to avoid flaming anyone. But the bottom line is AED tuning is positively beast. Recommend over anyone else hands down.

Last edited:

WIST2013GT

Established Member
I'm hoping my car is somewhere around this. I have a catless X, Steeda 101mm, GT500AB, Ported boss and E85. My car is an A6 though.

You should take it to the track :)

slverstang

Established Member
What kind of Dyno? My last dyno was on a Mustang Dyno on a 70% humidity and 95 degree day put down 422hp and 376tq. Dam weather kills it lol. Those are very stout numbers for the mods. Congrats!

DaBigBone

Established Member
Solid numbers! Sounds like theres something wrong with the CJ setup car that's making less than you.

stags

Established Member
I haven't tracked it but I'm thinking about doing true street at bowling green. Probs won't do the car justice bc of driver mod

As for the CJ the guy who owns it is very competent so I think it's all in the tune. As for who the tuner is I will not confirm or deny

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
AED is probably hands down, one of the best, if not the best tuners for the 5.0 platform.

I assume your numbers are on a Dynojet, in SAE with smoothing set to 5? If not, your numbers are probably inflated.

Boss and CJ cars should be making 430+ RWHP if the car is tuned correctly. If not, well, clear indication something is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread