Dyno results

mmartin 6

Established Member
Well, I had the car on the dyno'd yesterday for the first time. Sorry, can't scan the charts here from work. Here's the results:

Base run (w/catback and CAI) - 414rwhp
2nd run (w/2.93, no chip) - 457rwhp (too lean)

Last run (w/2.93, chip - very conservative tune) - 449rwhp

We had to cut the day short and left the conservative tune on the car until another day. The A/F ratio is really rich, around 10-10.5 almost all the way through. Bob Kennedy (who's doing the tune), will try to bring the A/F to the 12-12.5 range. He said right now, it's close to the stock tune. He's expecting to add another 15 rwhp once it's dialed in. All in all, I'm happy with the results (especially the base run w/out the pulley), but know that the car has more.

Swervedriver

Established Member
I try to keep the A/F 11.6 around Tq peak then it creeps up to 12.0 at 6K. 12.5 is a bit lean for these cars but would probably work OK with that pulley.

You'll want to stay off the the throttle until you get that fuel wash A/F fixed. Also gap the plugs to ~.038"

mmartin 6

Established Member
Would you believe the A/F was around 9.0 on the first run at 6K. Tha car was blowing smoke all over the shop. No smoke on the reamining runs.

I may not be able to get the car back in for another month or two. Is there a problem getting on it with this A/F ? I did notice that the cats were super hot after the dyno runs (he did 8 pulls in a 2 hour span ????) - is that normal ? Driving home, I thought that I had the heat on.
:eek:

Swervedriver

Established Member
Originally posted by mmartin6
Would you believe the A/F was around 9.0 on the first run at 6K. Tha car was blowing smoke all over the shop. No smoke on the reamining runs.

I may not be able to get the car back in for another month or two. Is there a problem getting on it with this A/F ? I did notice that the cats were super hot after the dyno runs (he did 8 pulls in a 2 hour span ????) - is that normal ? Driving home, I thought that I had the heat on.
:eek:

"Is there a problem getting on it with this A/F?"
YES!

The fact that you complain about the cats overheating should answer your question. That is obviously not normal, and your cats will probably not last much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread