Dyno #'s at high altitude????

Daryl B

Established Member
My 2 different dyno pulls were done on a dyno jet with SAE corrected numbers. Do the SAE corrected numbers show me an approximation of what my car would be putting to the ground at sea level? At this altitude (1 mile high) my "actual" numbers are quite a bit lower. I am curious if my "corrected" will also be lower because of altitude or should I expect similar Dyno numbers as the lucky people at sea level?

Thank you for any information you can give me. I appreciate the help.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
Daryl, Where did you go for your dyno and how much did they charge you?

Daryl B

Established Member
Dyno Pros. The charge was $75. Where abouts do you live. You are the first person I have seen from CO.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
Up north in Thornton, are you going to the solo II runs in feb.?:burnout:

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Daryl B:

The numbers you got are corrected for altitude, temperature, humidity, etc. They will be the same as the guys at sea level. However, the place where you dynoed your car should be able to print you out a copy of your uncorrected numbers, which would not account for the altitude or other changes. I live in Cheyenne, WY, which is about an hour and a half from Denver. I will be participating in the Feb. Solo II events, so I'll see you guys there. It'll be great to have more Cobras like mine out there!

Daryl B

Established Member
What are the Solo II events? It will be nice to meet some people with the same car. It seems like too few people appreciate or even know how quick this car is.

Last edited:

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
Yes information about the Solo IIs would be nice. I am interested in racing my vert...

Sunny here in Aspen today...but its supposed to snow tomorrow.

Daryl B

Established Member
I am looking forward to racing my vert as well. I am worried I might only get one run before they kick me off. Bandmire (along with most NHRA tracks) require a roll bar if you run faster than 13.99. If I don't run faster, I want a refund!!! I can't find anyone making a roll bar yet and from what Kenny Brown told me, we may never see one. Should have bought the coupe. HEHEHEHE

mkdiehl

Established Member
Daryl,
I plan on attending the solo II as well.
I've seen 6-7 of us CO guys here. It would be good to see you all in Feb.

EDIT:
Daryl: you should have dynopro update thier top 10 list to include you.

Also, there is a $50 dyno day there on Feb 22 for all of us CO people. I plan on attending....any interest from the rest of you? (saves $25).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread