Dyno #s w/ nitrous

whitehorsegt

"Tampa Stock"
Established Member
put the 100 shot pill in with a diablo tune it made 367rwhp 402rwtq...then put the 150 shot pill also tuned it made 418rwhp 461rwtq. mods include xpipe and 3" catback...i happy.

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
Whitehorsegt: Can you please explain your set up, what brand you purchased, and also what options you installed (window switch, etc...). I am also looking to do a 100 shot in a month or two. Thanks.

Nice numbers!

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Dude, I'm not tryin' to knock but that actually seems a little low. What were your base n/a numbers and what kit are you using? I see in your sig it says that your base hp number was 304. I've seen quite a few 100 shot NX kits that delivered 100+ to the rear wheels and 150+ on a 150 shot. So it seems to me that you should be closer to 400 & 450 respectively.

Like I said, I'm not tryin' to knock but those #'s seem a littl off to me. Perhaps you were on a Mustang dyno or you're using and NOS kit which measures at the flywheel vs NX which measures at the rear wheels? Perhaps there is an issue w/ the tune also? What did your a/f ratio look like?

Of course if you're happy w/ what you have, that's all that really matters.

whitehorsegt

"Tampa Stock"
Established Member
well....that 304 base # was also w/ a tune apparently there was a chip in the pcm that i was unaware of when i dynoed 3 weeks ago...so also consider that those nitrous #'s are on a safe tune...seeing that im still on stock 24lb injectors stock fuel pump...James at Race Related said that we can see 450rwhp but for now we are just keepin it safe...
my kit consists of a NOS dry kit w/a big ZEX solenoid.

Thunder5.0

Established Member
Rwhp looks good but there is a load of torque missing. My 99 Cobra on a 100 shot dyno's 385rwhp/505rwtq.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
A dry shot huh...i don't think the stock computer be able to keep up...then again you had it tuned for the dry shot so it most likely will be fine

Last edited:

snake bite 03

Thunder5.0 said:
Rwhp looks good but there is a load of torque missing. My 99 Cobra on a 100 shot dyno's 385rwhp/505rwtq.

what are your mods im looking to get nx wt kit and use a 150 shot and hoping for 440 rwhp 550rwtq think its possible...

Thunder5.0

Established Member
SilverSnake01 said:
what are your mods im looking to get nx wt kit and use a 150 shot and hoping for 440 rwhp 550rwtq think its possible...

You should be real close to those #'s with a 150 shot.

My mods are magnaflow catted-x, slp lm1 cat back, KN filter and a NOS Dry Shot with a tune. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread