dyno #'s

roostracing

Established Member
Heys guys, I know there are some fast L's out there for the gen 1 but I thought I would share what my truck dynoed before and after some mods.

When I bought the truck it 218,000 original miles on it and it had no cats with a dual inlet/outlet flowmaster muffler. It dynoed 206 rwhp and 286 rwtq.

Since then I have 222,000 miles and added some ASP blue anodized pullies, by-passed the smog pump, and changed the muffler to a magnaflow dual inlet/outlet (built in x) muffler. It dynoed 230 rwhp and 314 rwtq.

Thats a gain of 24 rwhp and 28 rwtq!! Not to bad for all those miles!

1/4 mile wise it went from a 15.8 et with 16 degrees timing to a 15.2 et without the smog pump delete. I will try her out next week to see what it will gain without running the smog pump. The pullies helped out alot and I highly recommend them. :beer:

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
from what i have seen, exhaust does lots for hp and tq gains. i really want to upgrade my exhaust, but it will have to wait until after a new torque converter and eaton rear.

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Really nice gains Roostracing. ezernut9mm where did you get your eaton rear end from and how much did it run you. I'm trying to prioritize my next mod, and with around 90,000 on the ticker, this may be high up on that list. Thanks-Josh

kid vishus

Last week my girlfriend brought her truck (a '93 Gen1) over to the shop I where work and we stuck it on the dyno. Her truck has 95k miles, no cats with dual flopdisaster mufflers, and a K&N cone style filter. The timing is still stock at 8* initial, and her truck pulled 215 rwhp and 303 rwtq. My truck should roll 200K miles next week (and is all stock clear down to the factory exhuast), and we will strap it down after that and see what it does.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
Soul Rebel said:
Really nice gains Roostracing. ezernut9mm where did you get your eaton rear end from and how much did it run you. I'm trying to prioritize my next mod, and with around 90,000 on the ticker, this may be high up on that list. Thanks-Josh

i haven't started pricing the rear yet. i need to get my funds in order first. maybe i need to get off my lazy ass and work some overtime. i have 99k on mine and even though the rear end doesn't make any noise and locks up good when cold, the clutches are getting weak and slip when it's warmed up.

hotrod93

Established Member
My 93 L put down 226/316 in 103* heat with nothing more than a Bassani cat back and K&N filter in the stock air box. That was with 11* timing and 105,000 miles on the clock.

roostracing

Established Member
UPDATE:

Hey guys FINALLY went out to test my L out with the smog delete and I installed the K&N filter directly to the throttle body, and let me tell ya, it worked very well. First off my L was a consistent 15.3-15.4 truck. Every now and then it would hit a 15.2 which was my previous best. Now, first time out and it goes 15.11 @ 89.6 mph and then backed up by another 15.18 @ 89.4 mph. The next day I decide to take off the front sway bar and skid plate. I went out to the track again and I ran a 15.04 @ 90.18 mph. Second pass was a 14.98 @ 90.46 mph!!! Now, I dont know if the removal of the front sway bar helped out that much but sosmething improved my time! Next time out I am gonna play with the timing to see if I can lower the et a little more!

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
COngratulations. Really great times. I can't even run that down here in Hawaii. After installing my new Pickrel exhaust I ran a 15.302, a big improvement from the 15.967 I ran when stock. The rest of the mods are in my sig, and my truck has 90,350 or so miles. Humidity sucks! :cuss: :mj: :fm:

roostracing

Established Member
DID YOU GET HEADERS ALSO? iF SO DID YOU GO WITH THE 1 5/8 OR THE 1 3/4? I USE TO LIVE IN HAWAII FOR 3 YEARS (ARMY)...WENT TO THE TRACK A COUPLE OF TIMES TO WATCH.

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Yeah I got the whole system. I got the Magnaflow (22" muffler) no cats, and 1 3/4 ceramic coated longtubes. Wow I think it's cool how many people used to actually live here since I've been on these car forums. You military guys must've been pretty happy when you found out you were going to be stationed in Hawaii! Hope you liked it.

roostracing

Established Member
yeah..hawaii was cool but not to mbe in the army...you all got some crazy hills!!! Infantry in hawaii is pretty rough! Yeah, I wanna do the 1 3/4 too...just waiting on some cash. That with a good stall should put me in a low 14 et!

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
dude how do you take the smog stuff out if im not mistakeing its all that stuff on the passengerside fenderwhale I realy want to get it out of the way b/c it takes up way to much space.

matt

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Lights of Speed said:
dude how do you take the smog stuff out if im not mistakeing its all that stuff on the passengerside fenderwhale I realy want to get it out of the way b/c it takes up way to much space.

matt
Smog stuff...specifically what? The smog (air) pump for the cats, egr valve, and coffee canister thing? I know when we did the install for the longtubes we had to cut the line for the smog pump I believe, but it didn't matter because I'm not running cats anyway. If you go on the nloc, ther are numerous threads if you search. I know many guys have done the egr delete, not for power reasons, but mainly just to clean up the engine bay (like what you're wanting to do). Hope that helps-Josh

roostracing

Established Member
unbolt the smog pump and run a shorter belt....the belt is going to be a really tight fit but with asp pullies and the smog pump off its like a 8-9 inch shorter belt! I left the coffe can looking thing on

Users who are viewing this thread