DYNO #'s

Cobra97

I went and got my 97 Cobra dyno'd a couple weeks ago, and it went 280 rwhp and 281 rwtq with the following performance mods:
-Mac 2.5 in cat back
-Modified factory h-pipe(second cats removed)
-K&N fipk
-Pro M 80mm maf
Is this right or should I have expected more hp?

white lightning 01

Established Member
I'm not and expert on the DOHC 4.6 but if your car is supposed to make about 320 at the crank from the factory it does seem a little low. If you multiply 280 by 1.15 for the drive train loss then you come out with 322. That doesn't seem normal but there are a lot of variables to consider espically engine temperature. Was the engine hot when you dynoed the car? That can be worth 20hp and that may be the extent of your mods. Instead of trying to make more power with your car i would try to take advantage of the power that you have. With your high revving motor i would at a 4.10 or 4.56 rear end to it. That will seem like 20-30 extra horse power. Trust me that is by far the best mod you can make to your car except at supercharger/turbocharger. good luck

key

Established Member
He said he has a '97 Cobra - 305 HP from the factory. I believe most '96-'98 Cobras dyno around 250-260 stock, so I don't think you're doing too bad at all.

Zach

Trblmkr

Established Member
I bought mine back in May and had it dyno tested last Saturday

1st pull was 274.3 rwhp with 280.1 rwtq
2nd pull was 274.4 rwhp with 274.4 rwtq

Only mods to my car is K&N Filter and fender Cold air induction.

key

Established Member
Pretty good numbers, Trblmkr. He has a '97 though, they don't make as much HP, so he would have to have more mods to equal (or in this case surpass) your numbers.

The more I think about it, Predator97, the better I think you're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread