Dyno stuff, questions

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Ok we have nothing almost for dynos here. A superflow autodyn 30 was installed close by. Went to get a dyno yesterday. Car mods a 2.9, bassani x/or and catback, built cai plus spray if I want. We jacked around a hr trying to get a rpm pickup so it was hot, finally said do a mph sweep for whp. Put down 448 whp sae, 460 std from 112 to 125 mph 4th gear at 18 deg timing, 93 oct. He entered the gear ratio 3.55.

Tried the spray 2 times, my tires slipped or something w spray on, 10 to 20 whp more that's it. Imo don't think tires were set on rollers right, they were ahead of roller crown instead of behind like I've seen before/done. Idk lots of tire rubber and w 315 hoosier tires at 28# they were balled/chewed up. I wonder about this tire location and or tires. It's running fine w spray before and after, I checked. Ran it from 55 to 130 in 4th on the dyno.

I get on drag strip about 15 mph more on spray. Somebody give me a tip to tell him. We have squat for dynos here. It was certified as accurate by superflow whatever that means.

Users who are viewing this thread