Dyno thoughts

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
Im just wondering what your all guess's are on what i should expect this sat.
Here is sortive a short breifing of my combo.
-Billet 76mm .96 exhaust housing
-Sullivan upper and lower
-Sullivan fuel rails
-3in cold side
-Precision 46mm Wastegate
-BA 5000 Slot style mass
-Stock Coated Manifolds
-3 1/2 down pipe
-Twin supercar gt pumps on e85
-80lb injectors
-KB BAP
-Th400
Im sure im missing some stuff but them are the basic's , just list what you think it will make on 18, 21, 24lbs. Thanks and just wanting to see who was closets and what to expect

Last edited:

Greg@RET

Established Member
It will read low with a 400 but run like a freight train at the track. :beer:

91Man

Established Member
I bet it traps 138 on 18lbs. Autos play to many tricks on dyno #'s for me to guess. And i agree on the freight train part lol good luck

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
Just hope im happy with it, I think on this fuel setup ill be lucky to get 700 or 750. But i plan to upgrade the fuel system in the next couple months

gt347mustang

Established Member
I highly doubt youll see over 700 with your fuel setup and a 400...

Just tune it on the dyno and run it at the track to see how it performs. Dyno doesnt really mean anything, especially with an auto.

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
yeah i have talked to fuelab and got my list down. Just not going to change it until later on in the summer. I just want to drive it right now. Figure the power its going to make will be fun for a little while, if not ill start the project a little early. Plan on getting a pump to support 1300, reg, -10 feed, -8 return, sump the tank and 160lb injectors or some 102's i dont know yet. Well see

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
Went to the dyno yesterday and once we got over 16lbs it starting acting like it was on a 2 step and not building over 9 pounds. I think its a ground issue. We checked the volts at the pump and at the distribution box in the front and were loosing like 1.3 volts before it gets to teh pump. So were going to looko over the grounds and wiring and hopefully get this taken care of.

32Valvefox

Established Member
What are the plugs gapped at? I had mine down to 8thou and said eff this and got a boostaspark. No more breaking up under boost and plugs gapped at 25thou

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
It did 1 time. But then he made it the a/f 11.4 and it still was doing the same thing. Then we thuoght well maybe it was to fat down low but that wasnt it either. I think its a ground problem or something. Like i said he has the car now and is looking it over so i dont have to drive back and forth 2 hours a day. But do you all think its a spark question. Whats that KB Boosta-spark all help out?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
What are the plugs gapped at? I had mine down to 8thou and said eff this and got a boostaspark. No more breaking up under boost and plugs gapped at 25thou

8 thou?? Thats rediculous. What plugs were you running? The boost a spark is just bandaiding a problem you are having, most likely weak coils or some sort of electrical problem. On all big boost cars that I have built ranging from 25-29psi I run BR7EFs leaving it @ the gap it came from out of the box approx .024-.025 and never once had an issue with breaking up. This is all on factory stock 03-04 Cobra ignition systems.

It did 1 time. But then he made it the a/f 11.4 and it still was doing the same thing. Then we thuoght well maybe it was to fat down low but that wasnt it either. I think its a ground problem or something. Like i said he has the car now and is looking it over so i dont have to drive back and forth 2 hours a day. But do you all think its a spark question. Whats that KB Boosta-spark all help out?

Dont buy a boost a spark, that isnt the problem, trust me.

What did fuel pressure look like? Any chance you have a log you can send me? How did voltage look on the data logs? It is normal to see a slight voltage drop from the box to the pumps. What kind of voltage were the pumps seeing?

What plugs are you running also? What coils? I would run the gap down a bit tighter for higher boost, more around .025. And like I mentioned, you absolutely do not need a boost a spark

What did it make on 16psi?

32Valvefox

Established Member
8 thou?? Thats rediculous. What plugs were you running? The boost a spark is just bandaiding a problem you are having, most likely weak coils or some sort of electrical problem. On all big boost cars that I have built ranging from 25-29psi I run BR7EFs leaving it @ the gap it came from out of the box approx .024-.025 and never once had an issue with breaking up. This is all on factory stock 03-04 Cobra ignition systems.

What plugs are you running also? What coils? I would run the gap down a bit tighter for higher boost, more around .025. And like I mentioned, you absolutely do not need a boost a spark

What did it make on 16psi?
I'm using the ford edis 8 ignition with megasquirt. I tried several diff plugs. The ones I ended up with are the tr6 ngk's. Before the boostaspark we just kept closing the gap tilll it didn't break up. We knew that 8 thou was way too small. Before the bas I tried ford coil packs, then msd, then autozone. Best result was autozone coils with msd wires. I even tried 2 other edis 8 modules still broke up. the bas was the only thing that we tried that actually allowed the car to not break up with the plugs gapped at .025. Eventually I'm either going with a fast xfi or big stuff 3 with ls1 coils.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Ahhh well this makes more sense since you are running the older ignition system with wires. The 99+ ignition system is totally different as it uses Coil On Plug instead of the coil packs you are running with spark plug wires. The newer systems are much much better. In the OPs case, he doesnt need a boost a spark with the ignition system he is using.

I'm using the ford edis 8 ignition with megasquirt. I tried several diff plugs. The ones I ended up with are the tr6 ngk's. Before the boostaspark we just kept closing the gap tilll it didn't break up. We knew that 8 thou was way too small. Before the bas I tried ford coil packs, then msd, then autozone. Best result was autozone coils with msd wires. I even tried 2 other edis 8 modules still broke up. the bas was the only thing that we tried that actually allowed the car to not break up with the plugs gapped at .025. Eventually I'm either going with a fast xfi or big stuff 3 with ls1 coils.

SSeatr

Established Member
yeah i have talked to fuelab and got my list down. Just not going to change it until later on in the summer. I just want to drive it right now. Figure the power its going to make will be fun for a little while, if not ill start the project a little early. Plan on getting a pump to support 1300, reg, -10 feed, -8 return, sump the tank and 160lb injectors or some 102's i dont know yet. Well see

go check out glennsperformance.com

i bought my return system from them good stuff!! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread