Dyno Time

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Here is the video from the other dyno.

When I went to Livernois Motorsports they were gracious enough to squeeze the car in immediately on the in-ground dynojet they have, the car made a best pull of 601 rwhp. The next pull it made 595 rwhp. This was with roughly 95 miles. I was happy with those numbers but had some friends in town with a dyno that wanted to do a back to back.

After putting a few more miles on the car, I went over to the other dyno (also a dynojet). They spent some time setting a few things up and let the car settle down. During this time period, the ambient temps dropped and we had a little bit of a breeze. On the first pull the car made 613.9 rwhp. They gave it a few minutes to cool off, ran it again and it made 603 rwhp. By this time the car had maybe 140 miles on it.

The moral of the story is that no matter how you slice it, this car is a legit ~600 rwhp car from the factory. Some dynos will read higher, some will read lower, but I think 590-620 is the ballpark they will be in. Probably some 560-590s on Mustang dynos.

[youtube_browser]Q7YU_BPfprw[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Any idea of the weight Dave? The bigger stereo weighed 70 lbs more in the 07-12, does the new stereo weigh this much over the standard stereo?

Oh yea Great Car! Enjoy!

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I'll go weigh it, maybe today. I was told yesterday that completely full of fluids it should weigh around 3890.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Many thanks for the info. When you get a chance, would you mind posting the actual dyno sheets?

Greatly appreciated!

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
will try aquamist kit to counteract with heat issues. car is perfect to run HFS3.

Users who are viewing this thread