Dyno Time

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
if 601, then: 601/X = 87/100; 60100/87 = 690.80 ???

if 613, then: 613/X = 87/100; 61300/87 = 704.59 ???

Maybe, maybe not

No way of guessing that IMO. the car has a new clutch assembly, new DS, and reworked trans internals. The parasitic loss is not known.

Either way the car is an animal! :beer:

NY Eleanor

Established Member
Maybe, maybe not

No way of guessing that IMO. the car has a new clutch assembly, new DS, and reworked trans internals. The parasitic loss is not known.

Either way the car is an animal! :beer:

Agreed and it doesn't really matter. Most car guys will know what's up if you have over 600 RWHP. I'm sure a few of these engines will find their way to a dyno and then we'll have a better idea of the true crank #'s.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
It made the 613 on a dynojet about 10 minutes from Livernois. It's not a public dyno.

The first pull over there was 603, so I think the 603 and 601 match up pretty good. The ambient temp had dropped noticeably vs what it was when the car was on the Livernois dyno when it made 613, and the car also had another 40 miles.

Agent504

Established Member
It made the 613 on a dynojet about 10 minutes from Livernois. It's not a public dyno.

The first pull over there was 603, so I think the 603 and 601 match up pretty good. The ambient temp had dropped noticeably vs what it was when the car was on the Livernois dyno when it made 613, and the car also had another 40 miles.
in your opinion, should upgrading all the cooling system be one of the first mods?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Meh, not really. It's a supercharged car, it's gonna get hot. Depends on what you're going to do with it. I railed it all around town yesterday and put it on two dynos and it was still making 600+ to the wheels.

I'm going to take it to the track (road course) in a couple weeks and will have an opinion then. If you're worried about drag racing, just invest in a bag of ice between runs.

jtfx6552

Established Member
in your opinion, should upgrading all the cooling system be one of the first mods?

The difference between those numbers is just over 1%. I've seen much more variation between dynos and even different pulls on the same dyno when the coolant temp has been matched.

Even if it is cooling, such a small variation doesn't seem like it needs any cooling enhancement to me.

Agent504

Established Member
My worries lies in where i live. It usually stays above 110 during summer days and cools off to mid 90s at night. So going to the track during the summer has me concerned.

blackshelby

My worries lies in where i live. It usually stays above 110 during summer days and cools off to mid 90s at night. So going to the track during the summer has me concerned.

Make sure you get the track pack with the additional coolers, besides that don't think the aftermarket has anything better rad/he wise then is in the car already.

Ford already has made huge upgrades in the cooling and HE setup in this car compared to the previous years.

farmboy90

Established Member
Honestly if anyone is that concerned with heat. Buy a boss

The cooling isn't that great on the Boss either. We've been taking off the grills when running them at the track. Maybe if the Boss had the standard cooling the GT500 had, it would be better. But the Boss definitely suffers from heat as well.

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
Well my 2011 after driving around would warm up my garage so much I could turn off the heater to my house literally. Looking forward to getting another GARAGE heater.....:burnout:

Can't wait to see some tuned numbers.:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread