dyno tuning method

sb306

Established Member
I was just wondering how the majority of the dyno tuning is done. The first shop I had tune my truck had the industrial type fan blowing, jumped the intercooler pump and were letting the truck cool down as much as possible between runs. The last time at a different shop there was no fan used(besides the electric radiator fan) and no relay jumping for the intercooler. The runs were done much quicker than the first shop did. I never really thought about it but it seems like the latter method would give you the safest and more realistic numbers. What are everyones thoughts?

edit: my tune from the first shop dynoed perfectly, but would ping at the top of second on the street like clockwork.

Last edited:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Sounds like the first shop was all about getting you the higher dyno numbers, not caring if you vent your block or not. They deff gave your truck the best posible situation to make power, but on the street, with no cool downs, everything will be hotter, and inturn, if all the tunning was done on a cooler motor, you deto on the street.

Most shops just run a fan to simulate air flow on the street during the runs.

Users who are viewing this thread