Dyno'd my GTX2867R Focus ST today

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Dyno'd my GTX2867R Focus ST today (updated)

So I took the car to the dyno today since I could make a few pulls for $40. Tune is just about dialed in with Freektune.

Car made 328/334 on the 93 octane tune. My goal for the build was to be a sleeper and make about 330whp. Mission accomplished.

The 3rd pull starting to pull timing as they were literally back to back to back, maybe 30 seconds cool down.

I'm happy with the power on the stock fueling and will be doing a 100 octane tune soon.

Supporting Mods: ATP FMIC, o/r DP, Cobb Intake

Oh yeah, for comparison, the car made about 250whp with just a tune.

[video=youtube;QuChUMLB1fs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuChUMLB1fs[/video]

Focus ST GTX dyno by stainlineho1, on Flickr

Last edited:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Is that turbo pretty much maxed out at that point? What are the engine internals good for before 'car go boom?'

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
How is the torque steer?

It is pretty minimal. Torque doesn't hit like the stock K03 at such a low RPM. It is very manageable. I like this power curve much better than stock.

Is that turbo pretty much maxed out at that point? What are the engine internals good for before 'car go boom?'

Airflow is maxing about 33 lb/min and the turbo is capable to flow about 47lb/min and good for 450hp. Need more fuel.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Nice #'s! I'm going to be going with ATP's GTX2860 when they release the kit :rockon:

How laggy is it with this setup?

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
About 3200lbs. About 3120 if I remove the full size spare and jack.

Sweet Jesus. Why is it so hard for auto makers to not make a car weigh so damn much these days? I know the answers, but it's just out of hand...

Edit: Nice numbers though OP. I would love to see how much power in a Terminator it would take to beat you. I'm betting you could take a bone stock one from a roll.

Last edited:

6.0GTO

Established Member
Nice numbers. That will be a fun ride. Turbo 4's are gonna get real popular with the direction cars are going. I will be looking at the Golf 7 R when they come out and am praying they build that R400. If so I'll be in line for it. I just can't do the high hp FWD again. To frustrating from a stop. Good luck with your ride!

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Sweet Jesus. Why is it so hard for auto makers to not make a car weigh so damn much these days? I know the answers, but it's just out of hand...

Edit: Nice numbers though OP. I would love to see how much power in a Terminator it would take to beat you. I'm betting you could take a bone stock one from a roll.

I am currently trying to track down a stock Coyote Mustang and a bolted and tuned Coyote to see what I can do against one.

What do you figure it will do in the 1/4?

I'm hoping it traps 115-116.

Nice numbers. That will be a fun ride. Turbo 4's are gonna get real popular with the direction cars are going. I will be looking at the Golf 7 R when they come out and am praying they build that R400. If so I'll be in line for it. I just can't do the high hp FWD again. To frustrating from a stop. Good luck with your ride!

Thanks man. It is a fun car and handles beautifully.

jleews6

Established Member
I am currently trying to track down a stock Coyote Mustang and a bolted and tuned Coyote to see what I can do against one.

I'm hoping it traps 115-116.

Thanks man. It is a fun car and handles beautifully.

Thats the first thing I thought when i saw 330HP. I was thinking between 112 and 115. Thats pretty impressive for that little car.I never knew they were that strong.

FoxTrots2Fast

Established Member
The ST's are definitely up and coming sleepers. While working for Ford, I sold more Fiesta ST's than Focuses surprisingly and they're very capable with a few bolt ons!

Users who are viewing this thread