Dynoed the Cobra....

Tim Lester

Established Member
I went to get some baseline numbers on the '03 today. Got to the dyno facility (CJ Motorsports) at 2. Got the car up on the dyno and strapped down at 2:30. Let the car sit for a little bit. The car is basically stock except for a K&N filter and the Predator Programmer. I didn't plug the programmer in until the 4th run.

I made my first pull at 2:44. I was quite pleased with the results. With only a K&N filter the car made 390RWHP/ 367RWTQ on its first pull. Let the car sit for a couple mins. and made another pull. Made the 2nd pull the output was 383RWHP/ 364RWTQ. Did the same thing, let it sit for a minute and made the 3rd pull and the outcome was 380RWHP/ 359RWTQ. So the avg. HP was 384.3 and the avg. TQ was 363.3.

Now onto the Performance Tune. I plugged in the Predator Programmer and uploaded the Performance Tune. The car was sitting for 24 mins. as I was uploading the tune. Made my first pull with the tune and the outcome was 403RWHP/ 388RWTQ. I then again let the car sit for a couple mins. before I made another pull. On the 2nd pull the car made 392RWHP/ 382RWTQ. Let the car sit for a min. and made another pull. On this run the car made 389RWHP/ 375RWTQ. The avg. HP was 395 and the avg. TQ was 382

Tuning. With the performance tune in the car I decided to tune it a bit. I change the timing with the setting the programmer provides which was "Full Timing". I then made a pull and the outcome was 400RWHP/ 385RWTQ. I let the car cool for a minute before making another pull. On the 2nd pull the car made 394RWHP/ 379RWTQ. The ECT temp. was at 206. I let the car cool down till the ECT temp. dropped down in the 170 range. I made my final pull and the outcome was 403RWHP/ 389RWTQ. So the avg. HP was 399 and the avg. TQ was 383.3.

The Air/Fuel ratio was lean down low and got pig rich up top. I am very pleased with the amount of power and torque the car put out considering it's basically stock.:D

Tim Lester

Established Member
Base Pull (no torque reading):

Base390.jpg

Last edited:

blwn88cpe

Established Member
Great numbers especially with the stock exhaust. The predator seems to have made a difference in the SOTP meter on mine. No dyno numbers yet. Any plans on a cat-back in the near future? I'd be interested to see how much you gain.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
great numbers for a relatively stock car. Very tempting for me to get a predator now. A lot of people are having good results with it on an otherwise stock vehicle!

Tim Lester

Established Member
Thanks for the comments.

blwn88cpe- I am interested in a cat-back, but not sure as to which one.

Craig- Yes, it was on a dynojet.

cobra101

Established Member
ISN'T THAT too LEAN DOWN LOW?

I see 15's and 14's down in your low rpm range. I don't know allot about this but isn't that very lean? when I am on the highway crusining at 2300 rpm, won't that 15:1 lean condition cause a problem over the long run?

just curious

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by Tim Lester
Thanks for the comments.

blwn88cpe- I am interested in a cat-back, but not sure as to which one.

Craig- Yes, it was on a dynojet.

Don't know if you are in a hurry, but I plan on upgrading the mufflers on my stock beast in the next 2-3 weeks to Dynomax Ultraflow SS, then plan on getting it dyno'd again.

I think that the stock exhaust system is just fine; the only thing that needs to be done is to replace the bottlenecks, like mufflers and cats, at least if you don't plan on producing insane amounts of HP.;-)

BlueSHO

i love lamp
Established Member
15:1 isnt THAT lean

from the factory it should be at 14.7:1 (stoic)
thats the a/f that gives you best emissions, although something like 11:1 give you the better hp, yet also more hydrocarbon emissions and worse fuel econ.

cobra101

Established Member
Oh, ok. I thought 15:1 was on the lean side. Can't wait to get my predator.

I think with the performance tune it is designed for a CAI and cat-back. If you only have CAI, it will probably be on the rich side (being there is no exhaust mod). I may dyno and lean it a couple of notch's.

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Tim, my A/F looks similar to yours with the Predator Pulley tune, 2.85RR, Flows and K&N. Lean down low rich up top.

Cobra835

Established Member
Could you post graphs from before the Predator, so that we may see how your torque curve changed? I am wondering how much more torque was produced at lower RPMs. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread