Dynoed The Shelby Today

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
OK Chris, for someone that sucks at math, help me out:
Stock Gears
Stock Tires

Stock gears - trans 1:1 (should have been in forth gear). Rear end 3.31:1
Tires - 27.85 " tall or 85.45" circumference.

Horsepower = (Torque X Engine RPM) / 5252

Torque = (HP x 5250)/Engine RPM

Engine RPM = MPH x 40.91

Pick a horsepower and matching MPH from graph. Multiply the MPH by the constant 40.91 to get the engine RPM (constant only good for gear ratios and tire size listed above). Put the engine RPM and horsepower at that RPM in the torque formula.

If my math is correct, this should be close. Only good for gear ratios and tires size listed above.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Stock gears - trans 1:1 (should have been in forth gear). Rear end 3.31:1
Tires - 27.85 " tall or 85.45" circumference.

Horsepower = (Torque X Engine RPM) / 5252

Torque = (HP x 5250)/Engine RPM

Engine RPM = MPH x 40.91

Pick a horsepower and matching MPH from graph. Multiply the MPH by the constant 40.91 to get the engine RPM (constant only good for gear ratios and tire size listed above). Put the engine RPM and horsepower at that RPM in the torque formula.

If my math is correct, this should be close. Only good for gear ratios and tires size listed above.

According to that, I came up with 4909 RPM and 588tq at 120mph. Peak torque is generally in the 4500-5000 RPM range on 2013's, so that should be reasonably accurate.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Nice numbers. Congrats. :beer:

I'd like to get mine done sometime, I have a feeling it's on the low end of what these cars are putting down.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
With corrected sea level you will problably be similar :)

Maybe, I don't think we're very high here though. I'm just basing my feeling off a slow 1/8 mile trap speed on a 1000' run I did. I'll get it on the rollers at some point and see what she's got though.

Users who are viewing this thread