dynoed today stock

fiveoguy

Established Member
Finally got my car to the dyno today. I've had it since Oct, 3600 miles on it. Car is bone stock down to the paper filter. Did the dyno on a dynapack dyno, with a small fan hitting the intercooler. Numbers were 371 hp and 358 torque SAE. Will post the scanned chart tomorrow when i can scan it at work. I was quite happy with the results.

Funny part is that there were two guys there with vtec civics with the b16 engine swap when i got there. The one i saw put down a whopping 132 hp. Shortly after they left, they called the shop to tell them that one of them blew their engine while they were racing down the road on the way out. Silly ricers.

ZXnVS

Established Member
Thanks for the post. It's always nice to see a completely stock car dyno'ed as a baseline for people who do mods, or as an indicator for those of us, like me, who are still stock.

Originally posted by fiveoguy
Funny part is that there were two guys there with vtec civics with the b16 engine swap when i got there. The one i saw put down a whopping 132 hp.

:lol: Wow, that's almost as much as my 1100cc motorcycle!

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by fiveoguy
Shortly after they left, they called the shop to tell them that one of them blew their engine while they were racing down the road on the way out. Silly ricers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess if I were any sort of a decent human being I wouldn't find that funny. Oh well, HA!!!

fiveoguy

Established Member
Here is the dyno chart. The dynapack dynos are supposed to be so great, but the chart doesn't look as pretty as a dynojet. The rpm on their dyno was a little off because the car hit the rev limiter, even though the chart is only showing 6285. The dip at the beginning was present on all the cars they did, the tech told me this is where the dyno starts to load the car and where it went full throttle. Maybe we could have started out a little lower rpm to get more accurate. Supposed to have started at 2500.

I'm also not crazy about the scale of the graphs, makes it difficult to read. Probably should have had them turn off the auto scale feature, oh well, I'll know next time.

Does anyone here have any experience on a dynapack? Did you get the dip at the beginning? The place I had it done hasn't had this dyno too long, and I have a feeling they still have a few things to learn.

fiveoguy

Established Member
Forgot to mention I am a little confused by the two different torque curves. The two runs were made withing 5 mins, with no changes at all. Probably should have done a third run for comparison. Anyone else seen this happen or have an explanation? The techs didn't really know, said it was normal, but this is only the second 2003 cobra they have dynoed.

haskett

Established Member
That delta is only 3-4 lb-ft, so I wouldn't worry about it. It's the scale making it look so bad.

Chris C

Established Member
nice numbers...almost similar to mine. i had 3300ish miles on mine when i dynoed it. see sig

Users who are viewing this thread