Dynograph Comparison - Stock to Modded

BOOOOST

Established Member
Comparison #1

DYNORUN.003: Drop in K&N filter, no silencer (stock rwhp was 375.1)
DYNORUN.005: Same as 003, plus DiabloSport chip
DYNORUN.006: Same as 005, plus Magnaflow high flow catted X-Pipe & Magnaflow Catback

comparison1.gif

Comparison #2

DYNORUN.003: See above.
DYNORUN.006: See above.
DYNORUN.008: Same as 006, but with chip turned OFF!

This shows a loss of 52.19 rwtq versus run 006, and a loss of 57.45 rwtq versus run 003, all at 3000 rpms, just by turning the chip off.

This also shows how awesome of gains you will get on a stock Cobra by just adding in a Magnaflow catted X-Pipe and matching Magnaflow catback (008 vs. 003): 24.68 rwhp and 12.18 rwtq.

comparison2.gif

Comparison #3

DYNORUN.009: Same as .006, but added in Reichard Racing 2.95" upper pulley, and chip reburn.
DYNORUN.011: Same as .009, but with yet another chip reburn to maximum the afr and timing.

This graph shows the gains between stock pulley and no pulley. There was a gain of 80.52 rwtq at just 2500 rpms. Plus, the difference between the two different chip burns.

comparison3.gif

Comparison #4

DYNORUN.005: See above.
DYNORUN.011: See above.

The purpose of this graph is to show the differences between just a Cobra with a K&N filter and chip (005), all of that plus exhaust (006), and all preceding but with pulley and reburns (011).

comparison4.gif

Comparison #5

DYNORUN.003: See above.
DYNORUN.011: See above.

The final outcome between nearly stock (003), and then with exhaust, pulley, and chip (011). Peak #'s shot up 78.1 rwtq and 35.77 rwhp, but the amazing thing to note was the torque and horsepower gain at 2400 rpms; +122.41 rwtq and +55.94 rwhp!

Something important to make notation of is that the afr's and overall boost on run 011, although not shown, proved just how restrictive the factory air-filter housing is, even with a K&N. Boost dropped off substantially (from pegging the needle, down to just around 10 psi), and the afr took a dive from 11.4 to 10.9, all from 6000 to 6500 rpms.

comparison5.gif

Last edited:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Woah! What a huge azz thread! Good number though. You get a thumbs up from me. TRQ is nice! -Mat-

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
The following graph shows us pretty even at the Chip/exhaust/CAI level (Dyno run 004) @ 414/394
The difference being I had a 3" O/R H-pipe and 3"
catback with 2 chamber flows.
Dyno run six is the addition of a 2.80 pulley and re-burn.
I was thinking that you should have picked up more HP with that
2.95 pulley being that its only .15" difference in the two. I should probably be even if not less in TQ than you with the wide open exhaust. Strange......By the way, my stock run #001 is not playing tricks on you, that was with a set of clogged cats...328/337....

Last edited:

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Bananna,
By far the most useful comparison to date - kudos to you! That's the kind of data we can really use. Thanks!
:beer:

B-O-B'03

Established Member
This thread make me appreciate mine even more!

Just an exhaust and drop in K & N, Pretty close to your numbers with the Diablo :-D

Off the chart rich above 5500 too.

-Brian

Last edited:

GNasty

Established Member
Thanks for the info. It is very informative! Yeah, you are making me want the chip and pulley even more now too.

Kyle

BOOOOST

Established Member
First, thanks to everyone who participated so far in this thread. I do appreciate your feedback and comments!

Originally posted by 03snake
The following graph shows us pretty even at the Chip/exhaust/CAI level (Dyno run 004) @ 414/394
The difference being I had a 3" O/R H-pipe and 3"
catback with 2 chamber flows.

Ahhh, but you have a CAI, and I do not. That's good for a minimum of an additional 10 to 15 rwhp over my best #.

Dyno run six is the addition of a 2.80 pulley and re-burn.
I was thinking that you should have picked up more HP with that
2.95 pulley being that its only .15" difference in the two.

Well, there is actually a bit of difference in rpm between a 2.95 and a 2.80, about 873 to be near exact. That's good for an additional 1.5 to 2 #'s of boost or so, I do believe. I wanted to go slightly conservative at first. I'm going to add in the KB CAI next, then swap the pulley over to a 2.80 as well :D

Do you happen to have an idler in that last pull, just curious? I do not have one, and I'm not sure if my setup is slipping any, but I do not have any of the waviness normally associated with such, so.

Thanks for your info. It will prove to be valuable info. for my next round of dyno testing. ;-)

BOOOOST

Established Member
Originally posted by B-O-B'03
This thread make me appreciate mine even more!

Just an exhaust and drop in K & N, Pretty close to your numbers with the Diablo :-D

Very Nice indeed!

Take a look at "Comparison #2", and look at Run 008. That will be the exact same setup as yours (same Magnaflow catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow Catback, and K&N), as the chip was turned off in that run.

Very similar there, save for the torque. Me wonders how closely calibrated the two different dynos we use are towards one another? :shrug:

You do have a couple of small spikes to note on your run 003 for peak rwhp (the very end of the line). So your rwhp #'s on that run would be just slightly over 400 it seems. Your torque on the runs showed some waviness which could attribute to the higher rwtq (possibly).

I'm impressed, however!!! Good job!

Last edited:

GreySnake

Established Member
Fantastic thread, very informative and useful! Answered many questions for me, thanks so much for taking the time. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread