Dynos in Dallas - Anyone up for a Dyno Day this Sat?

Y2K AG GT

Established Member
I want to get a baseline dyno done this weekend before I throw on some parts that I have had for a month. Any recommendations for a shop in Dallas with a decent staff and good dynometer? I have used a place in Lewisville (Speedworks?) in the past but wanted something a little closer to downtown this weekend. Let me kow if anyone wants to join me.

coleman

Established Member
i'd love to once i get my car back :cryying:
downtown? no idea.

Speedworks is great and less expensive than it used to be
Kwik Kar in Plano is good and inexpensive
LoneStar in Garland is a good place as well but i have no idea how much $$$

There's a SpeedTek (?) just NE of downtown...

Y2K AG GT

Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
i'd love to once i get my car back :cryying:
downtown? no idea.

Speedworks is great and less expensive than it used to be
Kwik Kar in Plano is good and inexpensive
LoneStar in Garland is a good place as well but i have no idea how much $$$

There's a SpeedTek (?) just NE of downtown...

I heard that SpeedTek is EXTREMELY unprofessional so I am nixing that one right away....where is this Kwik Car you speak of? Plano is not that far.

coleman

Established Member
Kwik Kar
Automotive Center of Richardson
1851 N. Jupiter Road
Richardson, TX 75082
972-644-1851
David Houser

SW corner of Jupiter & Campbell
i've had a few dynos done there myself :thumbsup:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Y2K AG GT:

I dyno'ed my car at Speedworks in Lewisviille and I was very pleased with both the service and the facility itself. The price for 3 pulls with A/F was $45 and the shop was extremely clean !!! I deffinitely recomend them.

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Your in Boston and we are in Dallas, you realize this? Are you running a service to help those organize Dyno events?

Originally posted by hantzis
Is anyone organizing this yet?
I wouldn't mind organizing and setting up the Dyno Day through my site (http://dynoperformance.com) if you guys are interested.

Let me know,
Dean :)

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
i am close to arlington....usa motorsports has a dyno(dont know how much) and lonestar performance in dallas......

coleman

Established Member
btw, there is a lunch GTG this Friday & SVTtexas meeting Saturday morning for anyone that cares :)

hantzis

Established Member
Originally posted by olchakla
Your in Boston and we are in Dallas, you realize this? Are you running a service to help those organize Dyno events?

LOL, I do realize this. I've setup DynoPerformance.com to allow for the hosting of multiple dyno day events in any state. We host events in San Diego, Maryland, and Massachusetts but I hope to expand. Sign up for the event, group email management, etc is all managed online through a web based interface.

For example, here are the people who have signed up for the DD event in San Diego on the 17th http://dynoperformance.com/dynoday_list.php?ID=13 (many who are on this site)

All I need is one person who will be there, so they know how to export the dyno results to disk (and take pictures if possible - (http://dynoperformance.com/dynoday_pics.php?ID=12)

The benefit is that participants will have their dyno results available for viewing online. Example: Dyno Day 12 results (http://dynoperformance.com/search_results.php?Date=2003-11-22&Submit2=Search) Plus an easy management system for the event.

Dean :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread