E brake boot options?

svt5150

Established Member
Hey guys, tried searching but all the threads are so old that none of the pics work. I'd like to put a leather E brake boot on my car and was wondering what my options were. I have an OEM one from a 99 up that I used a dye to make it black but its not really the "leather look" Im looking for. Maybe the Cobra leather or some brand? Thanks. Pics are good.

COBRASVT

Established Member
I've loved mine for a while!

94_std.jpg

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Dano was the install a PITA, or relatively straight forward?

I believe Dano used velcro tape along with grinding down (sanding) the rivets that the OEM rubber boot attatched to - requiring the removal of the console. I didn't have time to do that though. Actually I tried - but without sanding and that just didn't fly.

I used 3M double sided tape - and 3+ months into it its holding up great - removing the center shift bezel thats sautered (sp) on was ridiculous. But its well worth the mod. :beer:

Last edited:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
JohnsMyName It was a simple install, except for removing the console (which is never fun, and can lead to further problems, if a lot of care isn't taken).

If you look at my photos, you'll see that if you remove the plastic studs like I did, and clean up the plastic surface, the velcro tape will conform to the shape of the surface, and stay put forever.

bboot12.jpg

It would not be impossible to remove the box insert in the console, and then remove all the retaining screws, and remove the plastic studs by putting your hand thru the insert opening and lifting up on the console while you were working on it. It would just be a little messy, and bloody ... there are a lot of sharp objects in there (best to remove the console).

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
In my opinion, there is really no excuse to not remove the center console. It's not hard. I've had mine out so many times I can get it out in probably about 45 seconds now, literally. It's not difficult.

And like anything else, how well the boot looks in the car really depends on how much time you want to spend 'installing' it. Could you do it without taking the console out? Sure. I'd never ever do it that way though. You'd end up spending more time and I can absolutely say it wouldn't look anywhere near as good when done.

Users who are viewing this thread